Newbie what home? (1 Viewer)

crdritchie

Free Member
Aug 8, 2011
lake district
Funster No
MH
Exp
Hi guys ,after nearly 25 years of towing a tin tent we have now decided after a very recent trip to the Vende and Loir that we would like to change to a Motorhome,but as always i have a few questions ::bigsmile:

Our budget will be a modest low £18k we hope after selling our van and car and we hae taken a shine to a couple of models that still give us the van feel and room to stretch out.
1 is the Autotrail 634u , but we need to know about seatbelt options for the rear as we have to kids aged 10 and 4
and the other is the Swift Gazelle, both seem very similar, seem to give us what we want in space and storage options internally and at home on our driveway ,thus saving us storage fees and hopefully making more use of the van.
Has anyone had either of these.any problems are they good bad or ugly , i am a motor tech by trade so mechanicals should be ok,are they reliable with the fiat unit?
Also why dont many of them have Aircon????? for the cab, will it not cope with the size of the living space and be inefficent? or do they not get that hot whilst driving, i love it in my shogun but am very supprised that most do not seem to come with this option.
any way many thanks for now ,and i look forward to hearing any advise given thanks in advance :thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Sorry can't help you with the model motorhomes you are looking at but welcome to Motorhome fun, and maybe someone will be along later to help you. :welcomefunster:

EthnGeoff

Free Member
Jan 13, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
April 2009
Welcome. Afraid I cannot help on the models suggested, but Fiat units do come with an air con option for the cab which is fine whilst driving but has little effect on the habitation area.
Geoff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back