Newbie trying to decide what to buy! (1 Viewer)

Amber3

Free Member
Nov 6, 2016
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi everyone! Myself and husband are selling our house and moving in with my mum who needs help looking after her husband.....we need a bolt hole so looking at a motorhome with the proceeds of house. We've been caravaning for a few years but we want something we can stop off enroute to places and when arrive just turn round in seat and put kettle on. At the moment we have a Mazda bongo which is just a bit small as I now have mobility problems want a easy life! We have 3 small dogs to consider as well. Main requirements are automatic base vehicle so I can drive too and a separate shower as I find the water at a lot of places too hot. Would like 2 single beds and under 7m. Am I asking too much lol! Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Amber3 welcome to Fun, I am sure what you want is possible and suggestions will come flying in very soon BUT you re going to have lots of questions and are limited to only 5 posts until you have become a full member, its only £15 and could save you a small fortune in the long run.

Martin

Dec 6, 2011
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Ducato Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2011
:hiya2: and :pink:

you are about to embark on a fun journey to find the van you want so look at as many as you can and ask lots and lots of questions on here.

Mike

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well after a quick search YES you can get single beds and under 7 metres in one package, what driving licence classification do you have as this could affect the gross weight that you are allowed to drive.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

OP
OP
A

Amber3

Free Member
Nov 6, 2016
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you everyone! Thanks Martin, I have C1 included on my driving licence. We're intending to use it all year and go to Scotland and Cornwall.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hi, the only van I can think of under 7m with single beds and a separate shower is the Carthago Tourer i144LE.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN, there are plenty of vans out there, get the layout right and life will be great but get it wrong......

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
:HelloThere: The best thing to do is get yourself to some motorhome dealers and look in as many models as you can.Its a great time to grab a bargain coming into the winter and new year!(y)

OP
OP
A

Amber3

Free Member
Nov 6, 2016
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you Lenny, I've not heard of them, will have a look. That's what I'm worried about David, we went to the NEC and looked at so many vans from panel vans to A class. I had dismissed the European layout having always had caravan with long settee that we made into a bed but going in them I did like the idea of fixed bed. The only thing is imagining 3 dogs in there with us and is there enough floor area.
Thank you all for your advice, I will look into joining so I can post away!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back