Free Member
Feb 2, 2012
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi my name is Dave and I am a newbie to motorhoming. I have been lurking on the forum for a while now. My wife and I are curerntly tent campers but are planning to buy a new motorhome in a few months. I have been doing research for some considerable time now taking onboard advice I have picked up from these forums.
We have now decided that the most likely purchase will be a Marquis Majestic 140 from Marquis at Newbury.
Would appreciate your comments good or bad on both Marquis as a dealer and the Majestic 140.

Thanks

Dave

Lindylooj

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
Hi and welcome.

Lots of good advice on here as I am sure you have already seen. Enjoy your van when you get it.

:Smile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Dave, welcome to MotorhomeFun.:thumb:
Exciting times ahead for you.::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Hi David

Dunno bout Newbury or the Marquis marque (that's hard to say!) (even stone cold sober) but FWIW ours came from Marquis in Northampton and was altogether a very pleasant experience indeed.

I did stick a review in the review section.

Be aware if it's a new beastie they do all the registrations/first taxation via their Southampton head office so you supply the covernote or insurance certificate, then champ at the bit until the branch get the paperwork back from HO and you can take delivery. Dunno what they do if it's S/H and requires tax.

We were on eggshells since we weren't able to collect until 3rd August and had our ferry booked for the 9th. And Pete wanted to fit a Gaslow system in between .... And we hadn't even decided we wanted one (of any make or type I mean!) until about the middle of June whilst on holiday in a tent in France .......

We did the same with a motorbike, we P/x'd one for a new one and the first outing was from On Yer Triumph in Aylesbury down to Worthing for the Bank Holiday weekend. Nothing if not spontaneous in this house ......

OP
OP
D

Davidheath56

Free Member
Feb 2, 2012
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for the welcome messages. I can't wait until we get our motorhome but finances dictate I will have to :Smile:

I am sure I will be making great use of this forum once I get it with lots of questions.

Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Fun, one positive way to look at your wait, is at least hopefully you are getting all the rain out of the way while you are researching and saving, eventually the Jet Stream should have drifted away, and you should get a bit of sunshine to help your motorhomeing along.:welcomefunster:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back