Newbie Question (1 Viewer)

L

lele

Deleted User
Hi Everyone,

You will have to excuse me, as I am a complete novice.

Having picked up our Brand new Motorhome last month and going straight away in it, I have been left feeling a little worried. The worries are these:

1. There is a fly screen for the door, but it rattles so much it sounds like the door is about to fall off when driving, Are they meant to be this noisy? also the hinges all squeak like there are 1000 trapped mice in the cupboards.

2. When we collected it they put about half a tank of water in for us, which we thought was very thoughtfull, however on the way back (having used the water and thinking we have no need to put more in) The control panel beeped every so often and the water lights flashed. We would of turned it off but the radio is run through the control panel so if it off the radio doesn't work. Is there a way to stop it beeping?

I would ring and ask the place we bought it however I just wanted to know whether the excessive rattling and beeping is normal before I go back to them as it is a bit of a nightmare to get hold of someone who knows.

Thanks in Advance

bald eagle

Free Member
Jan 30, 2009
here,there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since 1998
Hi lele and :welcome:
We had the same trouble with our fly screen, we put self-adhisive magnetic strips
on the m/h door and on the back edge of the fly screen door this stoped the rattling.
All you need for the squeeky cupboard hinges is to rub candle wax along them.
sorry i won't be able to help you with the control panel, but i'm sure someone on here will.

regards
bald eagle

Baggins

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
Torbay
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Have you not got a water-pump override switch on the control panel or elsewhere? Sounds like the pump is trying to pump air with empty tank.

BW

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
:ROFLMAO:Sorry.. I know that last was not helpful but by the cringe it made I larrrfff boey !

grumpy

Free Member
Jun 19, 2008
Llangollen, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Over 25 years
SORRY!!!!!!
Couldn't help it. Mrs Grumpy said no one would appreciate the joke. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
:thumb::thumb:For a first....SHE WAS WRONG. Apologies.
Never had the trouble myself so can't help. Mrs Grumpy says I should say sorry.

SO SORRY.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
2. When we collected it they put about half a tank of water in for us, which we thought was very thoughtfull, however on the way back (having used the water and thinking we have no need to put more in)

The warning is to tell you that you have run out and need more!

Peter

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
our swift kontiki has a flyscreen door with a slideover plastic panel for the main door handle which rattled like hell.

took it off (easy, just sits in a channel in the screen door) and applied a little heat with a hairdrier and stretch it a bit to tighten it.....no more rattle.

the screen itself is fixed to the door with magnetic strip.

yours may be different of course.:Doh:

its a good idea to keep a few liters of water in the tank for a brew on the roadside if the urge takes and it'll stop the bleep.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lele

Deleted User
Hya. Just a thought, but have you tried filling with water to stop the panel bleeping.

:ROFLMAO: Yes I did think about it, but then i thought we didn't need any water.

But will put some in just too stop the beeping from now on

Thanks for your replies Candle wax and magnetic strips it is then ::bigsmile:

OMG we have so much to learn :Doh::Blush:

grumpy

Free Member
Jun 19, 2008
Llangollen, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Over 25 years
> Newbie Question

See Jaws MC.
You thought I was joking and I even said sorry. Bt for once in my life I may have said something right. I know it was a shock to me. Bt I am glad Peter from John Cross said the same. Boy did it make Mrs Grumpy eat her words. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
As I said never had the trouble. Told to always have water some water in.....Mrs Grumpy likes her tea.

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Hi Lele,

Firstly, congratulations on your new MH, and I'm sorry you have a few niggles.

If you are struggling to contact your dealer, you are welcome to contact me if you have any questions about the operation of your MH : technicalsupport@swiftleisure.co.uk, but for rattles and squeaks, you do need to ask your dealer to have a look.

With regards to the Control Panel (and beeps), the panel should only beep once (unless it is reset by the pump switch) to warn you of low fresh water levels or a full waste tank. I can only assume that the fresh tank is not fully empty, causing the little amount of water to move around, and give the control panel a false water level reading. Then, when the water is not touching the sensor any more (i.e. going around a corner), it thinks the water level has dropped again, and it beeps to warn you again.

I hope that helps.

Ash

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back