Newbie Question - Water At Shows And Rallies (1 Viewer)

Millie's Mum and Dad

Free Member
Aug 11, 2014
Funster No
MH
2008 Swift Bolero 630EW
Exp
Caravanning for 30 years, motorhome beginners
We're new motorhomers of 2 weeks, so learning the ropes. We've just received an email from the Caravan Club about the forthcoming MH show at the Norfolk Showground next month. Its for 3 or 4 days camping and I wondered what everyone does about fresh and grey water when staying at something like this. Our tanks are 90 and 68 litres, so probably average capacity for 2008 MH. Is there usually a motorhome station to fill up and empty or do you just have to be very frugal? Ditto loo emptying?

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
If at a county show ground at a rally following on from a horse show like at Malvern, the grey water helps freshen the ground up.

Upvote 0

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
Grey waste? Now THERE'S a story......
There's the 'night time crackers'. They're nocturnal folk who nip out after dark and crack open the waste tap a nat's so that a little trickles out overnight. There's the 'Full Monty' crowd who also sneak out after dark, but open the grey valve fully and finally, there's the 'Aren't I Good' brigade who have all sorts of buckets, hoses, trollies and buggies. This variety only work in daylight, walk miles to disposal and ensure you SEE that they are NOT the type to sully mother earth with washing up suds.

Oh. I forgot the 'Trailblazers'. They wait until they leave, open the waste cock and leave a trail that Tonto would be proud of!

You forgot the other type - the 'pretenders' who put a waste water container under the tap but just allow it to overflow!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
To fill fresh water (100lt) I usually just use two 5lt water bottles, even at home as it's sometimes more hassle rigging up the hose. Using two bottles is nicely balanced and you get the bonus of a 'work-out'

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I always arrive full at these things., though at one show I arrived full and there was a water tap within 5ft of the MH.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 30, 2015
Barnsley, South Yorks
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail, Tracker FB
Exp
45 yrs Tugging
We found a similar problem with our Burstner and I actually bought a Kampa Waste Away as the only one I could get to fit. Fiamma used to do a low profile grey waste container but they changed the design a few years ago and the current one is too tall. At the Detling show in 2014, though, there was a local company selling a wheeled container similar to, but lower than, the Fiamma so I bought one of those (don't know the brand offhand) and sold the Waste Away to a fellow Funster the same day.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back