newbie question - tablets, ipads, handhelds - which one? (1 Viewer)

Millie's Mum and Dad

Free Member
Aug 11, 2014
Funster No
MH
2008 Swift Bolero 630EW
Exp
Caravanning for 30 years, motorhome beginners
A newbie question about site finding and which handheld device to go for. We have a wireless ipad, now miraculously disappeared to daughter's house, and are thinking we probably need to invest in something more usable and dynamic anyway now we've become chuggers, rather than tuggers. we're off to Scotland in September and will be going to France next summer, probably using a mix of sites and aires and feel we possibly need to go for something with 3 or 4G with GPS to map where we are and what's nearby. A smart phone is all well and good, but a bit small.
What do others use while touring?

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
We use our garmin and Chinese GPS devices for navigation. We also use our android mobile phones and nexus tablets.

Upvote 0

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Ive just bought one of these phablets

Broken Link Removed

its very good value, plus you can use a phone sim rather than a data sim and get a better deal on a network

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
personally I dont get on with anything apple manufactures. therefore I have an android smartphone, android tablet, chinese satnav (about £40), a laptop and a 3g mifi(a mini 3g router)

if i get a good phone signal, i can tether the tablet and or laptop. if not i connect to the internet using a mifi. the satnav with a good sized 7" screen makes searching locally for aires, sites, fuel, supermarket etc etc. theres plenty of POI files available with all these on them

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back