Newbie Question about Easter Bookings (1 Viewer)

Cuto's

Free Member
Sep 16, 2016
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650C
Exp
Picking up our new Pilote on Thursday, which is a month late and only found out were getting it last week. So my question is, as we have not booked anything up for Easter and we would like to get a way for a couple of days. How busy will the sites be over this period, should we book before we go?

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Depends on where you are thinking of. Most popular places are booked well in advance for bank hols, plus additional problem as it is school hols and some campsites only accept week bookings for these periods.

If you are members of c&mc or c&cc I'd use their apps and look for cl's.

Or join us all at Chester rally, loads going on, still places I think and a fab rally.

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think most half decent sites will be booked, I dont know if you can still get into Chester camperfest.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Cuto's

Cuto's

Free Member
Sep 16, 2016
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650C
Exp
Thanks @funflair I hadn't heard about that event, looks very up our street. @Allan & Loren Is the Chester Rally a the Chester Camperfest? Does anybody have any discount codes for the Camperfest site, sorry lots of questions guys.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
They were still taking bookings a couple of days ago so fingers crossed you can join us.

Check out the details in the rally and there is another thread for what's on at Chester too.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Cuto's

Cuto's

Free Member
Sep 16, 2016
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650C
Exp
Thanks for all the advise, have decided against Chester as further than we wanted to travel and we cant take dog into the festival. We are C&CC members so will try and book something through the app. (y)

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks for all the advise, have decided against Chester as further than we wanted to travel and we cant take dog into the festival. We are C&CC members so will try and book something through the app. (y)

There is a rally at Riverside caravan park, Bridgenorth. Chase DA.. We recently joined C&CC, went to first rally with them last week and a few people mentioned this one.. So thats where we are off to....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Thanks @funflair I hadn't heard about that event, looks very up our street. @Allan & Loren Is the Chester Rally a the Chester Camperfest? Does anybody have any discount codes for the Camperfest site, sorry lots of questions guys.
First you are worried about getting a place then you want discount codes, I can see you will fit in well here....;):)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Cuto's

Cuto's

Free Member
Sep 16, 2016
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650C
Exp
Thanks as always for all your positive comments, we've now booked a couple of nights at Tewkesbury Abbey site. Its only 45 mins from home, and now looking forward to our very first night away in our new MoHo :thanks3:

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
A tip for the future I find at the last minute it often pays to phone the site I can't prove it but I think theres a better chance of getting a pitch. The other thing we often have done is ask if its possible to stay on the late arrivals area.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back