Newbie planning to rent a motorhome (1 Viewer)

norty

Free Member
Nov 4, 2012
oxon
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
im a newbie
Hi all
Me and the wife after talking about it for a few years have finally decided to give it a go and hire a van for a couple of weeks to tour Scotland next year.
Found a place called Rennies Motorhomes Broken Link Removed in Aberdeen that seem very reasonable. Since im totally new to this as anyone had dealings with Rennie Motorhomes, just wondered what they where like before I paid over some hard earned cash.
The thing that I found strange is when I went on Google map to have a gander at there premises I cant find trace of it on Mugiemoss Road.

Thanks
Graham

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
the image on google earth was taken 4 years ago (bottom left hand coner shows 2008) so it could just be that it is a recent company that has moved there since then ! its always worth checking the image date especially when looking for places to wild camp etc as a lot of changes can happen in 4-5 years ! regards garry

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Check they own the van

Check they supply the insurance (not through a hire agency)

You want to have a licence check - see if they do this. Legally you are meant to, some outfits do not. They need to have your permission to do so, which means a seperate consent form.

Check you have appropriate breakdown cover, that a replacement vehicle or hotel accomodation is included, and repatriation with or without the vehicle.

Check the vehicle to make sure you are happy with it - check tyres for damage, perishing and tread - you are responsible for tyres - you don't want to have to pay for one blowing because it is perished.

Check the first aid kit is present, as is fire fighting equipment and accident book.

See if there is a manual (simplified) present to show you how to work it, as you won't remember the demo!

Ask what back-up they give as regards toi equipment failure, and they amount you can spend on repairs without and with authorisation (Usually £150)

Damage deposit is usually asked for - see what amount you are liable for - as the payment you make may not be the amount you are liable for.

Buy your own damage waiver insurance!

Once you rear is covered - have fun, enjoy you holiday!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back