May 11, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Ex caravan !
Hi guys

Been caravanning for years and decided to try a motorhome after using friends different models I decided a hymer is the model for me

Going to view a hymer b classic 655 tomorrow (2005 model)

It's based on a fiat Ducati 2.8 from the advert

Now I have been reading how hymers are named and it's very confusing....should this model have a double floor containing the waste and fresh water tanks?

Any tips on my inspection for tomorrow?

Thanks in advance

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
That will depend on what year it was built. Don't think any built before 2001 have a double floor. After that most will be double floor.

Hymers are great vans. Wish we'd never got rid of ours!

Denise

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
get on your back and check the floor behind the wheels as the plywood use frequently rots. quite an expensive job to get fixed

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The Classic BC model, is single floor, built on a Fiat chassis , fresh tank is inside under a seat, grey tank is underslung.

B models built from 2001 have a double floor, on a Fiat with an ALKO Chassis.

Fresh and grey waste tanks housed between floors which is also heated by the Truma hot air system.. also extra locker space.

Hymer are one of the best brands, damp is rarely an issue due to the PUAL construction method that has no structural timber.. the insulation is a high density polyurethane foam that doesn't soak up water, Hymer tested it by spraying water on an open panel for 24hrs.. it remained dry.

As mentioned rotten plywood floor behind the rear wheels can be an issue , so check carefully.. later models have a GRP floor..

I have 2001 B644 .. double floor, any questions fire away, buy a good one and it will have little or no depreciation.. in fact recently second hand prices have been rising . I could sell mine for more than I paid the dealer two years ago..

There are Hymer on the road that are 30+ years old and still going strong..

Attachments

• Hymer History.pdf
    181.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Ryanhamil

Free Member
May 11, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Ex caravan !
So I went and seen the motorhome and loved it!!

Should be collected by the end of next week (after mot and habitation inspection)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
So I went and seen the motorhome and loved it!!

Should be collected by the end of next week (after mot and habitation inspection)
congratulations Ryan best advice now is subscribe to become a full member here for unlimited access to ask those questions that are bound to follow your purchase. A bargain at ÂŁ15 a year and gives access to discounts on loads of things from insurance to accrssories

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back