Free Member
Jul 19, 2016
henley on thames
Funster No
MH
TBC
Exp
Hi All,

Been trawling through these forums for a while now and have to say its been a great help. I've just bought a 2012 Autotrail Arapaho 3.0l, very nice condition with only 3000 miles on the clock. I have a few questions if you don't mind!!

It has the Platinum Pack and the Media Pack + which provides the satellite dome and the satnav, my question is on the satnav, we are embarking on a 6 month tour of Western Europe (Wife, 3 year old and 2 labs!), I'm quite keen to have as much help on the navigation as possible and wondered if anyone had any thoughts on how well the factory satnav works? Does it cater for height and width restrictions?

Thanks and look forward to sharing our journey!!

Jon

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Hi and Welcome Jon , i'm sure someone here will be able to answer your question :) :welcomesign:

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Have a look at "settings" to see if you input height and length, some will allow you to choose vehicle type i.e bus, Lorry, car etc.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

We have a built in satnav in our 2012 Pilote - it doesn't have H and W. We have a separate proper truckers sat nav plus a truckers map book.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
You are of course most Welcome, (to the nut house).

As regards the SatNag, many, including two of mine allow for various vehicle configurations, and various Length Width and height inputs.

This does not seem to help in any way with width or height restrictions.

I live in the New Forest and I have increased the width of my vehicle on the instrument to around eight feet, but it still sends me down a lane with a 6'6" limit.

Sorry I have not passed on better news but I was so thrilled with my Tom-Tom Camper version 3 years ago but now I think it is no better (or worse) than many others.

Carry a paper map too............ Griff

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Hi and welcome.
Can't help with the satnav we always use the satav in conjunction with a map - saved us a few massive detours! Via Michelin is also very useful.

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
We gave up on the media pack very quickly. Radio very poor and I switched to a Tom Tom for the Sat Nav. I suggest you give it a good try out before your trip.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back