Newbie, Mizar CI GTL Living Webasto Dual Top (1 Viewer)

MrMaverick

Free Member
Sep 26, 2010
Funster No
Hi All,

Hope this is the right place for this thread,

As stated, I have a Mizar CI GTL living, 2007, with a Webasto dualtop heating system,

I actually live and work out in Beijing so when i come home i use this motorhome to live and and get around in.

BUT, Everytime i come home, the battery is completely flat and the HEATING never works, I only ever get errors and flashing lights on it.

The battery I have now replaced, i decided to completely disconnect everytime i go away.

But the heating, WOW. this is really starting to make me want to sell it. When it worked it is wonderful, but it never does without attention. And I cannot always get to the dealers to get them to look at it.

My current problem is a constant flashing green light, it does not fire up and it is not dumping water this time. ALthough i did try to dump and fill again.l

I have removed the fuse from the little side panel and left out for a long period, replaced it and it still does the same.

ANY IDEAS would be very appreciated.

Regards to all.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Maverick, I have no experience at all with the webasto, but I know a few Funsters do have them so I hope you get your answers. Meanwhile, welcome to the Fun:thumb:

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hi there,
Welcome to motorhome fun.
We have the same MH with the same heating system. Its brilliant , so warm , and very effective . It warms the whole MH when driving along in the freezing weather.
When we first got the MH though , last November, we flattened the batteries over the New Year period . It was our first proper trip out in it. We were used to the Truma blown air previously .
Good job we had the Honda as a back up as it was well below freezing. We didn't realise until we had woken up the following morning and it was a bit chilly on the nose::bigsmile: The batteries were flat as pancakes.

Ralph then replaced the normal leisure batteries with 2 x 6 v Trojan Batteries . They live in a sealed vented battery box under the little bed behind the drivers seat. We also have a 85watt solar panel fixed on the roof , which means that even though our MH is in storage , when we pick her up on a weekend everything is all charged ready to go.
We have also replaced the on-board charger from a 15 amp to a 50 amp 3 stage charger .
We use the generator over the winter months , to fast charge the Trojans . We have found we can easily last a long weekend without any hook up, with the heating on , TV and all the other electrics gadgets 3 teenagers have , if its a grotty weather and we are stuck inside.
We have also replaced all the bulbs from halogen to LED's , which helps.
We very rarely ever have hook up . So it definitely works for us:thumb:

Ralph says to give him a ring if you want any advice regarding doing it, and not to give up on the MH just yet ! Once you've sorted it out , the heating is a fantastic system .
Oh yes , another good tip is to start the engine when first turning on the Webasto ( if not late at night :winky:).
This is putting back in what its taking out , so to speak , as there is a high drain on the batteries on start up.
Please feel free to Pm us for the home phone number:Smile:
Bev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

bunny2

Free Member
Aug 18, 2010
South West
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi we have a Mizar GLT living with diesel heating. This is without doubt the best heating system we have ever had. We tend to use a generator when away from hook ups for any length of time as it does run the battery flat. Sometimes the heating can be slow to start when we have not used it for a bit and it has to be reset a few times while the fuel is being drawn in to the unit from the tank. Besides that it has been reliable. I hope you get it sorted.

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Bunny 2,
have you tried having the engine running when you first start up the heating ? It works much faster and gets to temp quicker without draining the batteries as much.
We had our heating on for the first time this year on Saturday night. We were at Masham , it stayed dry and bright , sunny even . There was a fierce wind during the night though.
We were in a farmers Field with views to die for , you could see for miles and miles . But it was very open to the elements and cold and gusty at night.

After posting this last night , i realised that the O.P was also talking about it dumping water, and dumping and filling again. I think on reading again , you must have a different Heating system , even though its Webasto. We dont get , or have to empty , any water from ours. But the Battery change would still be a good idea for you.

Upvote 0

Turtle

Free Member
Jan 23, 2011
Nuneaton
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
July 2010
Webasto Heater

Hi, we also have a fab Mizar GTL purchased last summer. We are having problems with the Webasto heater and need to know how to reset it. Can you help please?

Hi we have a Mizar GLT living with diesel heating. This is without doubt the best heating system we have ever had. We tend to use a generator when away from hook ups for any length of time as it does run the battery flat. Sometimes the heating can be slow to start when we have not used it for a bit and it has to be reset a few times while the fuel is being drawn in to the unit from the tank. Besides that it has been reliable. I hope you get it sorted.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back