Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Joint J150
Exp
Hello all.

First of all a big thanks for the site, a great source of info and support.

I'm Mike, just about to get my first van, a Fiat D with an E410 Bessecar body.
Seemed a good starter van for my solo or, couple of climbers trips.

Hoping to get used to it over the next 12 months and then venture through Europe in 2015. Maybe i'll come back, maybe I won't..... See what happens :)

Anyway, hello everyone, and if there are any rock climbers out there willing to chat about their experiences going climbing in out of the way places in a coachbuilt let me know. I'm thinking along the lines of experiences with storage of gear boots ropes etc, and all those lovely narrow roads to the crags!!!!

Planning on roughing it more often than not and I'm particularly keen to learn about the limitations on the leisure batteries when wild camping....

Off to the forums I go.::bigsmile:

Thanks

Mike

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Welcome aboard. Cannot be of any help with your requests but there are all types hanging around in this place. Be patient and somebody is sure to come along.

Regards, Bryan

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome from another Glaswegian now living in Dumfries. Can't help you with rock climbing but if you need any info on wildcamping ask away.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Hi and Welcome! We're in Bathgate so not far away. Don't know anything about rock climbing though :)
Enjoy the forums.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi and Welcome to Motorhome Fun , sounds as if you have the right idea :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Mike, I'm sure your van will a great asset to your climbing hobby. The E410 is not too big to be exploring those little lanes you describe, but in my experience its best to do it very early in the morning so as to reduce the risk of meeting school buses and skip lorries etc. Welcome to the Fun :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
mike9jr

mike9jr

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Joint J150
Exp
Hi Mike, I'm sure your van will a great asset to your climbing hobby. The E410 is not too big to be exploring those little lanes you describe, but in my experience its best to do it very early in the morning so as to reduce the risk of meeting school buses and skip lorries etc. Welcome to the Fun :thumb:

Cheers Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back