Jul 24, 2011
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Hello all,

I have finally bit the bullet and purchased my own motorhome having always wanted one ever since my folks used to tour Europe with us as little kids with the grandparents in the back of a VW T2 Bay in the 80's, i think they squeezed 6 adults and 3 kids into that then! Then in mid 90's my very talented father converted an IVECO 6010 to a full race truck for racing motocross throughout the UK. A finish I feel many manufacturers seem to struggle to meet nowadays with mass production, having assessed some workmanship of £40K + M/Hs sitting in showrooms. Many joyful years were spent travelling and racing in that big truck until injuries forced me to stop racing and go to uni to get a real job. For my 30th this year my girlfriend and I decided we would rent a motorhome to go to a motorcycle race in France (Motocross of Nations) to watch riders from each country compete. This is happening in September, having checked out the price of renting a MH for 2 weeks to go to Europe and including the insurance, I just thought it’s the perfect excuse for me to buy what I have always wanted. She wasn’t up for it at the start, now that it is sitting outside, she is very excited. Anyhow, I’ll stop boring you with my introduction.

I purchased a C I Carioca 656 (I Think) on Wednesday and spent up until Sat getting her sorted out the way I wanted, arm still a little sore from all that cleaning and polishing! Just the cab to clean out today.

The reason I say "I think", is because as you can see from the profile pic, the C I decal and model have been removed. The person I bought it off wasn't really clued up in motorhomes as he only used to attend game fairs for a year. He even had it for sale as a Fiat Ducato motorhome, didn’t know its model. Having checked online I believe it is a CI Carioca 656. Unfortunately he does not have any manuals or anything with it and so I was wondering if anyone here would have a similar M/H or would know where I could get such manuals. He wasn’t even sure on how the "zig" unit (i call it that as thats what we put into our IVECO) works as he just always connected it up to a gennie. I am going to have a search online this evening and check for manuals for the various items in the M/H.

In the meantime I want to thank everyone already for what looks to be a very knowledgeable site that will give me many hours of very useful reading and information that will hopefully help turn me from a newbie into someone who will actually know what he is talking about and will be able to sort out any problems as they arise!

Thanks

Richard

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
HI RICHARD AND WELCOME :thumb: congrats on your purchase ::bigsmile: Best thing to do is start turning everything on and off,pull fuses to see what works and does not work :thumb:Fridges only work on 12v while the engine is running :thumb:but will work on gas when no hook-up is available for 240 v working :winky:Ask away no matter how stupid it may sound somebody will know the answer :thumb:We have all been there :thumb:
terry

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Motorhome Fun, I am sure you will have a lot of fun in your new Motorhome enjoy :flyingwelcome:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The V10 Squad

Free Member
Jul 11, 2011
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Four Winds B class
Exp
Jan 2010
Newie Aberdeen

Welcome:Smile:

Our daughter and fiance live in Aberdeen, we just back 4 weeks ago stayed
at Gretna Green on the way up from Rugby and stayed outside Aberdeen at Hillhead and then daughter fetched us to Aberdeen... our battery bikes wouldnt go that far !! Think next time we would stay at Deeeside though.

WE now back home, but they are with us for few days now for a visit, but they fly....

Have fun -)

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Welcome to the FUN, enjoy your new motorhome :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Hi Richard,and welcome to the fun.Hope you have as much sun as we have this w/end,you have made a good choice by joining m/home fun.:Smile::welcomefunster:

jabbaman1

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
Welcome

:thumb:Hi,this place is the best thing since sliced breed,host of information,everyone so friendly,you just have to ask if you have any problems,jabbaman from Glasgow:thumb:

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Richard,
Sue and I live just up the road from you at Fraserburgh and only just a little past the newbie stage ourselves. We have found lots of help and advice on MHF and have made loads of "virtual" friends who have been very helpful to us.
If you don't know then ask - no question too small, or silly; if it is important to you its important and as often happens the question you ask is the question someone else if scared to ask, so ask away.

Norman and Sue

OP
OP
Jumpstartrichard

Jumpstartrichard

Free Member
Jul 24, 2011
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Thanks all for your warm welcome, Winnie Brave, Deeside is nice, I camped there in a tent last year when my wee nephew came over to visit. Normanandsue good luck with selling your MH.

Richard

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back