Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Somewhere in France
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi folks, we have just bought our first motorhome and will be hitting the road in a couple of weeks. Our itinery will take us to Cahors, carcasonne, sete, over to avignon and maybe down to aix en provence.We will probably use aires in most places but intend to use the campsite in avignon by the river. Has anyone used this campsite? Just wondering what it is like to access as we will be driving out into the surrounding areas on a daily basis for about a week. Any other info regarding campsites or places of interest (hidden gems) in the area we would be delighted to hear about. Cheers all.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Used to go skydiving in Avignon, really pretty place. Not been for a few years now so can't answer your site question, but I'm sure someone will. Meanwhile, welcome to the fun (y)

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi welcome;
The campsite at Carcassonne is within walking distance of the old city, we used the proper camp site not the Aire and it was great.

nice site also on way to Avignon at Pont de Garde called La Sousta ( the squirrel, i think ) its 500 meters from the Roman Aqueduct.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MrsBB

Free Member
Jun 14, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer a class
Exp
10 years after many years tugging
We were turned away from there on two occasions..... First with a caravan then with a Motorhome ...... Plenty of space but twin axles not allowed!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
This is getting a bit sad, I've been to Avignon twice in the last few years but stayed away from campsites as I was on my push bike and stayed in hotels. Have a great time but remember many sites close from mid - September onwards.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Welcome to Fun. The aire at Cahors isn't that good but the site just down the road next to the river is very nice and pretty cheap. About 200 metres back down the road is a carpark and you can get a free bus there straight into the centre of town. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back