Newbie - help with fridge issue

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by weehee, Nov 20, 2011.

1. weehee

weehee Read Only Funster

Hi all, I am the proud owner of my first ever motorhome, Bessacar E645. The night before we set off, I plug the van in to top up the batteries but I have noticed when I switch the fridge on it still runs on gas. The fridge chooses whether to run from gas or electricity but I was told when its hooked up it will always choose electricity. Can anyone advise if this is normal? Thanks.:thumb:

2. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

mine as a switch for gas electric and 12 volt i just set it to the one i need at the time

3. dennismartin

dennismartin Read Only Funster

i would check the fuses first make sure its plugged in

4. weehee

weehee Read Only Funster

Thanks for the advice, The fridge doesnt have a way to change the power source manually so I will check the fuses. Thanks again!

5. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi weehee and welcome :thumb:Turn off the gas to your fridge there by forcing the fridge to select leccy :BigGrin:
    terry

6. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

My fridge has an electrical switch in the wardrobe. A 240v master switch I suspect. If its not on, your autoselect would have no option but to choose gas.

Just a thought.

7. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

Which model fridge do you have?

My Dometic Fridge freezer has an auto change over, it sas "AUTO" on the display along with a symbol for either a mains plug, a gas flame or a battery, to indicate which is in use. On auto it will choose mains if it is available.

However it is possible to change it to manual selection by pushing a small button next to the LCD display. The AUTO goes off on the display and by pushing the button you choose, mains, gas, battery or back to AUTO.

If yours is similar check that AUTO is selected, perhaps it had been left on manual by someone pressing the button inadvertently....

It will only run on battery when the van engine is running.....