Newbie - help with fridge issue (1 Viewer)

weehee

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
Newbie!
Hi all, I am the proud owner of my first ever motorhome, Bessacar E645. The night before we set off, I plug the van in to top up the batteries but I have noticed when I switch the fridge on it still runs on gas. The fridge chooses whether to run from gas or electricity but I was told when its hooked up it will always choose electricity. Can anyone advise if this is normal? Thanks.:thumb:

dennismartin

Free Member
Jul 26, 2011
hull
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
im a newbie
i would check the fuses first make sure its plugged in

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

weehee

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
Newbie!
Thanks for the advice, The fridge doesnt have a way to change the power source manually so I will check the fuses. Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi weehee and welcome :thumb:Turn off the gas to your fridge there by forcing the fridge to select leccy ::bigsmile:
terry

Upvote 0
Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
My fridge has an electrical switch in the wardrobe. A 240v master switch I suspect. If its not on, your autoselect would have no option but to choose gas.

Just a thought.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Which model fridge do you have?

My Dometic Fridge freezer has an auto change over, it sas "AUTO" on the display along with a symbol for either a mains plug, a gas flame or a battery, to indicate which is in use. On auto it will choose mains if it is available.

However it is possible to change it to manual selection by pushing a small button next to the LCD display. The AUTO goes off on the display and by pushing the button you choose, mains, gas, battery or back to AUTO.

If yours is similar check that AUTO is selected, perhaps it had been left on manual by someone pressing the button inadvertently....

It will only run on battery when the van engine is running.....

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back