Newbie from West Yorkshire (1 Viewer)

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Welcome to Fun Sue. We are currently in Horbury but soon to relocate to York :) which was always the dream after retirement. You'll get accepted as a Yorkshire Lass by 2030 so no worries!!!

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Welcome to Fun Sue. We are currently in Horbury but soon to relocate to York :) which was always the dream after retirement. You'll get accepted as a Yorkshire Lass by 2030 so no worries!!!
Just as long as she loses the awful Lancashite accent

:reel:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Well the wifes from London & she moved up in 1986 & they've only just stopped saying the same about her so by my reckoning you've about 15 years to go :)

Motorhome head

Free Member
Oct 5, 2014
Clitheroe
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
7 years
Hello Newbie
May I welcome you to the brotherhood ( and sisterhood of course) of Motor Home aficionados, or "Homers", as my wife and like to call them. Doh!
We purchased our first motorhome in 2009 and have had many amusing adventures as we travel the Queens highway around this sceptered isle of ours. My first piece of advice would be to ensure that your choice of steed has good quality body work and upholstery. I would avoid plastic or leather effect seating if , like me, you are unfortunate to suffer from hemarroids! This May be. A source of amusement for some ignorant people but the problems can flare up in hot countries and if you do not speak the local lingo it is very embarrassing trying to communicate with a pharmacist through the medium of mime: not funny at all.

I will send you more helpful tips l
!

Reactions: Sue

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Welcome, enjoy your motorhoming, fixed bed definitely, broken ones are sooooo uncomfortable.:LOL:

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Welcome Funsters:welc:We live in Wakefield.
Seems like there are quite a few funster in this part of gone world. Hope we meet Soon. Getting the motorhome in March.....it's at the dealers, and hope to make our first trip down to malvern once we have it.

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Hello Newbie
May I welcome you to the brotherhood ( and sisterhood of course) of Motor Home aficionados, or "Homers", as my wife and like to call them. Doh!
We purchased our first motorhome in 2009 and have had many amusing adventures as we travel the Queens highway around this sceptered isle of ours. My first piece of advice would be to ensure that your choice of steed has good quality body work and upholstery. I would avoid plastic or leather effect seating if , like me, you are unfortunate to suffer from hemarroids! This May be. A source of amusement for some ignorant people but the problems can flare up in hot countries and if you do not speak the local lingo it is very embarrassing trying to communicate with a pharmacist through the medium of mime: not funny at all.

I will send you more helpful tips l
!
That's helpfull! We don't suffer that way..but I can imagine the pain.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Hi Sue,
My suggestion is try and buy local as you usually get teething problems regardless to it being new or used.
You do not want to be travelling miles to get it put right.
Good idea if you can find the layout you want locally.
We bought from a dealer 120 miles away and have had to make 6 journeys to get all the warranty work complete. Can't complain about the dealers after sales service, but we got fed up with the repeated journeys.
However, getting the right layout is important and if you have specific requirements (we did) then it's worth the travel to get exactly what you want.
It has been said on here a few times that it is your third MH before you get it right. Some might do better than that but we didn't. We are on our third now - although our second would still have been perfect if it hadn't been for becoming increasingly infirm and no longer able to climb into a high fixed bed.

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Thanks
I'll keep my eye out for the 2915 dates. Xx
Hi Sue, Its in the Rallies section now, back end of June. If you're looking at 2915 dates I don't think anyone will have thought that far ahead as yet :LOL::LOL::LOL:

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Hi Sue, Its in the Rallies section now, back end of June. If you're looking at 2915 dates I don't think anyone will have thought that far ahead as yet :LOL::LOL::LOL:
How dumb can you get.....you can see why I need help now can't you?

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Click forums at top of page and scroll down to rally's
We have 2 sections
1 for rally's in the planning stage
2 for rally's that are confermed events

Enjoy

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
welcome to house of fun. from a southern lad. may you have as much with yours as we have we ours.

Motorhome head

Free Member
Oct 5, 2014
Clitheroe
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
7 years
Greetings and Bonjour!
I am glad that you found my advice helpful. My helpmeet and I have put together our "top ten tips" {or TTTs} to help you get the most out of your motorhome investment. We thought that we would share these TTTS with you one at a time - to keep you "in suspenders" as it were. So here is tip number two = or TTTT {top ten tips two} .
Detailed preparation is essential before you cast off the anchor and set off on the next adventure. We have put together our own checklist based on the manufacturers instructions and our personal foibles. For example we have "set fridge to travelling voltage" from the manufacturer and "cribbage board" and "Jolly Brolly" from our own preferences.
My wife typed these into a Word document and I purchased a low cost laminator so that we can use the check list before we set forth to new horizons. {tip - dry wipe pens essential} . We have made a little game of this routine where I pretend to be the flight engineer and she pretends to be a pilot - she shouts the questions and I shout "CHECK". Fun but serious!
We have a shorter check list that we use when leaving a site. Oh and here is a free tip - it can be useful to use a hi-viz safety jacket when site manoeuvring on foreign shores.
I date the checklists and keep copies on my laptop so that I can always check back if we have an MIER (major incident en route) and need to claim insurance.

Bon Voyage fellow Homer - or should it be Marge :)

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Sue what motorhome did you go for in the end?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back