Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Hi all, although we have been motorcaravanning and caravanning for years, we have just decided to return from caravans to motorhomes, we are just in the process of purchasing a 2009 Swift Bolero 600EK Compact, we had an Elddis Autoquest before in 2002, so are looking forward to many new ventures as I have just retired, and my wife will soon be as well.
I think the main difference will be not having the towcar available for trips whe we get to our destination, my wife had a hip replacement last year, so maybe we will look into a small runaround either towed or trailered to help, anybody know how well the 130bhp Fiat ducato's tow ??.:winky:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I think the main difference will be not having the towcar available for trips whe we get to our destination, my wife had a hip replacement last year, so maybe we will look into a small runaround either towed or trailered to help, anybody know how well the 130bhp Fiat ducato's tow ??.:winky:

There is your dilemma, why tow a car when a car can tow you. Where is the logic in that ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hiya injebreck99 :welcomefunster: from another Narfook funster:thumb:
Afraid I can't really tell you much about towing with a 2.3 although I think it should be alright if a bit slow....we tow a Ford Ka on an A-frame but that's with a 3.0L. If you have a towbar on the new van I would be happy for you to try our toad before you spend out.
Brian

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi :welcome: to the fun, I visited a friend in the village today, he has just had his 3rd hip replacement :Doh:. Cant help with the 130bhp Fiat ducato, but we tow a smart on a trailer with a Mercedes 156 bhp.::bigsmile: I would say someone will be along soon. A lot of vans now are fitted with smaller engines, and they put our engine in 6t motorhomes, they must alter the gearing. :thumb: Bob and Jane.

:flyingwelcome:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
There is your dilemma, why tow a car when a car can tow you. Where is the logic in that ?

A big vehicle towing a little one is better than a little vehicle towing a big one. When I tow my Matiz I only know its there because I can see it in the camera. Towing a caravan you definitely know it's there:roflmto:

Anyway if you don't need the car for a particular trip then you can leave it behind, not an option for a tugger.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Welcome to the forum Inje ::bigsmile:
Canna help with the question but wondered where you are in Norfolk ?
I am in Thetford

OP
OP
injebreck99

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Thanks all, when we get the new MH, I will update on progress and experiences, Cannot wait.Europe here we come again.:thanks:

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We tow a Panda (1050kg when loaded) with 2.2l 100BHP, though chipped to about 120. No problems, as other people say you hardly know is there, but it's best to remember it is.:Smile::Smile:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks all, when we get the new MH, I will update on progress and experiences, Cannot wait.Europe here we come again.:thanks:

But not necessarily with a toad and a-frame!!!!!::bigsmile:

Welcome back to the madness!!::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back