Newbie dilemma

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Marybarry0, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Marybarry0

Marybarry0 Read Only Funster

Hi everyone!
    I sympathise with Andrew in the "should we, shouldn't we" thread. After ages and ages, my wife and I thought we had finally come to a decision to buy a MH. We really took to a 6 berth 2008 Lunar champ, sorted out finances etc and I was about to go to the dealer tomorrow and take the leap.
    Now I have found out that both Lunar and their parent company no longer make motorhomes. We are really worried that something will go wrong in the future and we will not be able to get parts or even get a fair trade in price.
    Is this going to be be an issue? Maybe we should hold off again and wait for something else?
    Any advice would be really appreciated.

Marybarry

2. SandJ

SandJ Read Only Funster

We had a Lunar A680, we liked layout but would not buy another one. That is just our preference.
    You are wise to consider future trade in as a cheap van now may mean a poor trade in later. Try to get the layout right before buying as most find you think you have but surprisingly you have not, including us. :thumb:

3. Phill D

Phill D

hi and welcome...:thumb:

my view would be.... The base vehicle is proably one of the main chassis, ( Fiat, Peugout, renault, etc ) so spares unlikely to be a problem. the appliances in the van are all likely standard fittings; ( Dometic, carver, Trauma, etc ) so spares there should be ok; so its really bits of the main habitaion build that you could be concerned about, if you need a window or a body part. Lunar still make caravans so i would guess may be able to be contacted them regarding possible spares etc, and their potential availability.

http://www.lunarcaravans.com/files/brochures_file-6.pdf

4. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Mary and welcome :thumb: I would not be too concerned as most things that cost money are fitted to other makes and readyly avaiable IE cookers, fridges, heate,r waterterheater and windows etc,Ask the dealer ? and get whatever you agree in writing :thumb:
    If you are concerened then look at another make :Wink:
    terry