Free Member
Aug 29, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
n/a
we are newbies into vanning and would like to purchase a dethleffs t5846 which is classed as a 2 berth van. The salesman tells us that it was a 4 berth van but got down graded to a 2 berth. is this correct ? .We have 2 grandchildren and would like to take them with us (sometimes) Also can we trace the previous owner of the van as the salesman seems reluctant to give us their No.
thanks for any help you can give us
John

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi I dont know much about the van you mention but if it has side facing seats then i wouldnt take any children in the rear. If you want to carry young children in the back go for forward facing seats with proper seatbelts. I dont know the date but im sure the law changed a few year ago to do with number of seatbelts to berths so this van may have been built with 4 beds but as it only has 2 seatbelts was sold as a 2 berth.
I hope this helps im sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Hi, we have a Swift Bolero (4 berth van) but because we only have two seatbelts (driver & passenger) can only travel with two passengers. Although we have side benches behind the driver/passenger seats they can't be used when travelling as they don't have seatbelts and are not forward facing. So if you want to take the grandkids make sure you have seatbelts for all passengers on forward facing seats. Hope this helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

abcjohn

Free Member
Aug 29, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
n/a
thanks for the reply's G & C
this van has two forward facing seats (bench) in the rear with 2 seat belts . so it has 1 driver & 3 pasenger seatbelts but is sold as a 2 berth van. the salesman said that the rear seat & table fold down to give a double bed , with a fixed bed at the back that makes sleeping for 4 but its sold as a 2 berth . we think that the make up bed/seats is too small to be called a double bed so is only a 2 berth ??? Has anyone got one ! Ive tried asking the dethleffs owners club but it appears you have to be a member before you can email them (no phone No.)
once again thanks for any help
John

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Sounds plausible, dont know why they will not let you have the previous owners phone number unless they are possibly concerned you will find out what they paid for it it, which is irrelevant as you want it and they have it.!

Everyone has to make a profit to stay in business and pay the overheads and give after sales service.

Peter

OP
OP
A

abcjohn

Free Member
Aug 29, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
n/a
they did say exactly that and i said that what they paid is irelavent and that everyone has to make a profit (be self employed myself) i just wanted to ask them some questions
John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
you will get the previous owners details when you get the V5 back after you have bought the van or at least their name and address.

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Hi John, which model and year is it.

My Dethleffs converts the front dinette into a bumpy smallish double. The clue is in the table leg, does it fold into kneeling position and is there a lower wall hangar for it. Lift and prop the double seat side flap for extra width, turn the passenger seat and fit the relevant extra mattress bits supplied with new van (prob in the original buyers loft).

Best of luck, if you are at Lincoln we can show you how.:thumb:

Regards Richard

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back