LAMBKINZ

Free Member
Jul 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hi Top A/S
Exp
Begginer
Just purchased our very first camper van "Talbot Harmony A/S" H reg and we've had a couple of short journeys to get used to it. The petrol gauge has a life of it's own and can sit on empty for a couple of miles when it is 1/2 full. We have a 6mth warranty and have had it looked at but they say it is the age of the vehicle - is this right? Also I've had the windscreen re-sealed as it leaked. Can someone tell me if I should just accept these little oddities because of it's age? I don't what to be a fastidious whinger - I just want to relax and enjoy!:Blush:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi dont know exactly what the laws are but im sure someone will come and help but what i would do is have a good read at the warranty leaflet you should have got or give them a call and tell them you want these thing fix. No matter what age it is it should be fit for purpose.

Gerry

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
We have a 1990 motorhome and our fuel gauge works fine. Im not a technical person at all, but I think they are fobbing you off.

Do you have free rac or aa cover? or free legal advice? if so give them a ring and ask them.

Also have a word with your local trading standards if you bought it from a dealer and they will be able to tell you your rights and possibly help you.

It may be worth getting the AA or RAC to carry out an inspection just in case there are other things that you need to be aware of.

Good luck and hope nothing serious crops up xxxxxxxxxxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
If they have warranted it they should fix it (so what's age got to do with it?)

If they intended not to put things right they should have sold it "as seen" with a warranty you paid more I bet.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back