Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi, pick up first motorhome this Saturday - I must be barking :ROFLMAO:
Just a little ol' '94 Autosleeper Trophy - with all instructions I hasten to add!, so lots of reading to do. No previous experience whatsoever !
Looking forward to first outing after I have had it serviced inside and out. Hope to use all year round.

Any advice to offer from anyone? So far, I've been told don't forget the tin opener!!! :Doh:
S.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Theonlysue and :welcome:to MHFun.:thumb:
It seems that you have been well advised on the must haves, like a bottle opener and corkscrew, so you have the essentials covered.::bigsmile:
Any other questions, just ask away,:RollEyes: someone on here will know the answer.:winky:
Enjoy your motorhome.:thumb:

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Quick, get in there before Jim pounces :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

and welcome to FUN theonlysue

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hello and happy travelling make sure everything works before first trip then enjoy it ::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Sue, it will take a couple of trips for you to get into the routine of making sure that you have everything you need for your trip. New motorhomers tend to do a lot of swapping kit between home and motorhome but this is a disaster waiting to happen, you will forget things.

Try and get the motorhome packed with kit that stays in it. For example its much better to have an extra pair of wellies that stay in the motorhome, rather than just packing a pair when you think you might need them. This makes it a little more expensive at first, but once you have a van that is loaded and ready to go at any time you will find you use it much more often. When you get to the stage where to go away, all you have to do is grab a bit of fresh food and you are gone; you will then realise why motorhomes are so popular:thumb::thumb:

Meanwhile, welcome to the fun::bigsmile:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
:welcome: theonlysue to MH Fun

Hope you enjoy using your new van follow Jims advice and you won't go far wrong.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Hi!

As above good advice from Jim.

Otherwise just get out there and have fun, even if things go wrong it's fun, well we just went for it clueless and sorted/made it up as we went along:ROFLMAO:

Night 1, battery, half hour, kitchen AND vanity tap leaked, loo leaked etc etc etc, old 'van but dispite this we were instantly hooked, and the rest as 'they' say is history, and great memories:thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi and Welcome from us too

As Jim mentioned above it is the easiest way to go, keeping a list in the m/h of the items that need to be put in just before leaving ie: medicine, phone chargers etc is a saver too:thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back