Newbe alert!!

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by autumnbelle, Apr 29, 2011.

1. autumnbelle

autumnbelle Read Only Funster

Hi all, we have just got a Swift Sundance 630L. We had our first run out to Carvynick last weekend.Really enjoyed it. We couldn't get a reception on the radio and on the way back the cruise control was a bit tempermental, has anyone else found this? There is still warranty on it so thinking about taking it to the local dealership.:BigGrin:

2. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

I'm sure some clever people on here will have an answer but we have seldom managed to get good airwave reception, this week it was the Lake District and not a dicky bird. Regarding cruise control, I haven't a clue since we don't have it. :BigGrin:

Ivy

• Like Like x 1
  3. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Radio reception is generally down to a poor aerial installation, get a wing mounted one, the cruise control will be part of the vehicle (Fiat) warranty not a Swift dealer, so go to a Fiat garage.

Peter

4. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Just remains for me to bid you
    welcome to the forum. enjoy

5. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Yes the fiat poor radio reception is legendary, especially if the aerial is in the wing mirrior, lots of people fit a new aerial on thw wing; one of the cheap rubber stubbies from halfords will do a much better job. The Cruise control can be affected by the switch on your brake pedal, check the carpet is not interfering with it before you lodge the complaint. Meanwhile welcome to the fun:thumb:

6. autumnbelle

autumnbelle Read Only Funster

Thank you everyone, will follow your advice. Enjoy your weekend:Smile:

7. aba

aba

hi and welcome
    i had problems with the cruise control on our van.
    i tried every way possible to turn it on and get it working looked in the hand book followed the instructions to the letter and still problems.

then one day i just turned on the switch and flicked the lever forward and that was it
    i have done the same many times and it always works this way.
    just remember its better to be going at a steady speed to engage it and the clutch and brake pedal will dis-engage it.
    if you then decide to pass a car or slower vehicle just press the accelerator and when you have passed them just take your foot off then the cruise will take over as you get back to its set speed.