Aug 6, 2013
England
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
a big zero
Hi everybody,

As probably the only member of this site without a motorhome, but hoping to own one , I was wondering if it would be worth the good lady and I visiting Newark this weekend for a bit of a nose.

Funds are tight and not sure if spending 5/6 grand on a motorhome would be wise so looking to save for one more around the 13/15 region.

We are complete novices but dream of being motorhome owners so are thinking the first step would be a visit to a motorhome show.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Hope I have posted this in roughly the right area!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hello, you are not the only ones on here without a motorhome, a good few on here are still looking and asking questions

We have only been MHers for 3 years but have never been to a show at all as yet, so I am not really well placed to advise

However, I will anyway

My opinion is that a show will not offer you much other than tempting you way beyond your budget, better to go to some dealers with a mass of used MHs look at as many as time allows, check layouts, check weights (possible licence issues) check payloads (now much you can carry, including you, fuel, water, kids, dogs etc)

enjoy the looking for now (y)

We are staying with FUN at the Lincoln show at the end of Sept which looks to be bigger than Newark

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Hi, we haven't got one yet and are still looking. It doesn't stop us joining in. We hire motorhomes at a the moment and are booked into Lincoln, our first meet :)

We've been to many dealers and had a good look around at different layouts. The best thing that we did was to hire different vehicles. It has made us realise what we don't want! We are almost there with what we do want. Just waiting for the right one to come along.

Have a good nose around at Newark and don't let the salesmen take control ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi, we are waiting for ours....:)

We have visited several shows since we decided we wanted to swap from a caravan......

I think it helped us just to see what was around re makes, layouts etc.

The one we've ended up buying is so far from we were looking for initially so if Newark is easy for you then, yes go. If you can only do Newark or Lincoln then Lincoln looks much bigger.

Also lots of people to chat to and ask questions:)

OP
OP
P

Paxton

Free Member
Aug 6, 2013
England
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
a big zero
Thank you everybody, nice to know we are not on our own.

I think we will go to Newark (only an hour away) and will look into going to Lincoln as well.

Promise not to let any salesman take control !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back