newark (1 Viewer)

gpz

May 24, 2012
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
converted movano
Exp
anyone know if there is anywhere to wild camp close to newark as we are going to the newark motorhome show this weekend so any replies appreciated

D

Deleted member 36503

Deleted User
One of the UK's largest and worst traveller sites is located at Newark so the entire area is a bit touchy about overnighters!

But if you take the A1133 from Newark in the direction of Gainsborough, the 1st proper village you arrive at is Collingham, continue on through it and then in approx. 1.5 miles you will arrive at Besthorpe. At the 1st turning to the right after leaving Collingham shortly before the entrance to Besthorpe there is Trent Lane, which takes you down to the river. This is a very quiet no through road and you should be alright to overnight.
Failing that, shortly beyond Besthorpe and off the main road is the village of Girton, at the far end of the village (the 2nd turning to the left after leaving Besthorpe) there is another exceptionally quiet no through road down to the Trent which could be worth a try.

Don't tell anyone, but when I lived in those parts I was once the District Councillor!!

sleep e carr

Free Member
Nov 30, 2008
Whitby North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express 6 birth
Exp
Since 1970 first van converted police van
anyone know if there is anywhere to wild camp close to newark as we are going to the newark motorhome show this weekend so any replies appreciated
Hi I stopped many times in Newark go to the retail park I think it's called bridgate not in main car park but just around corner there is a kids indoor fun play area go in and have a coffee ask to see manageress and she will let you park overnight very nice lady. The fun place is called leo's

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

sleep e carr

Free Member
Nov 30, 2008
Whitby North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express 6 birth
Exp
Since 1970 first van converted police van
Hi I stopped many times in Newark go to the retail park I think it's called bridgate not in main car park but just around corner there is a kids indoor fun play area go in and have a coffee ask to see manageress and she will let you park overnight very nice lady. The fun place is called leo's
Hi did not read the date first but it's a good stopover if heading south mins from A1

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back