LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
There are quite a few tarmacced arterial roads around the site and the van pitches are generally on firm ground. However how firm that ground is given the weather we have had lately is anyones guess. Once you get umpteen thousand folk walking around it can soon get a bit clarty. Give Newark Showground a bell - bet they say its ok :Cool:

However, don't forget it's only March and if you remember the old saying 'cast not a clout till May is out' you wont go far wrong. :ROFLMAO: Bring yer wellies :thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
as posted on earlier thread I was near Newark last week (Rollerston - a farm camp-site) ground was very soggy as I found out when I went three yards onto the grass to pitch and had to be towed off by the site tractor.....lucky I have just had a new tow-bar fitted :ROFLMAO:

Cant we all just park on the runway at Newark? its big enough.

I reckon it will be swap conditions so bring waders.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
The stewarding arrangements at big shows like Newark are quite rigorous and you have to park where you're told and in our case it will be in the Funsters bit - where Jim will have his tape measure out :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
It'll be wet,

It'll be boggy

You may get towed off

You may not

Makes no odds what the grounds like...

Prepare for anything and you won't be disappointed....::bigsmile:

Other than making sure you have your party head on don't worry...

OP
OP
Peter & Elaine
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
That's it then everything going in including Elaine's pink moon boots
Including snow chains did think about snorkel and wet suit but Elaine said no we are roughy toughy yorkys leave all that to southern mob

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
whats everyone worrying about the bloody bars will be dry (apart from the booze of course) so lets :swear: :beer::party2:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
snow snow snow lol
bring ya santa hats :ROFLMAO:

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I set off from Scotland on Monday, came through some mucky weather that turned my freshly washed MH in to a very shitty looking one !,
Been in Lancs mostly and the weather has been quite good, but went over the M62 to Yorkshire yesterday and found the bad weather again . . . Arn't i lucky !, so scurried back over the Pennines and found the good weather again, woke up this morning early, to a nice clear sunny cold day,
Wandering down to Newark later arriving pm, so look forward to seeing you there,

Ken :drink:

clive1821

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
west oxford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
The pitch im on here is good bit damp in some areas of the site, some of the external show rings are no good and events are not useing them, there is plenty of hard standing that can be used if necessary, so no issues as of this morning, snow is forcast during the show.... have a good time :Smile:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Unable to attend the show

Would someone let Jim know that we are unable to attend the show, due to family illness please :cry::cry::cry:

Hope you all enjoy and take lots of pics and have a bevvy or two at the new funster's bar for us :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ref to weather ..gonna be the same at home so may as well attend the show if booked and have a great time :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dirty m/h ....... you would have washed it anyway on return at some time or other :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Funsters always help each other out so dont worry but enjoy !

John n Kath x

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
its cold and windy but us hardy folks don't mind it 1 bit :roflmto:

The Tardis2

Free Member
Jan 11, 2013
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 140
Exp
Since 2008
Just did the same just so that I could see another Vulcan Bomber great aircraft - field filling up now its cold out there but who cares we're warm inside.

The Tardis2

Free Member
Jan 11, 2013
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 140
Exp
Since 2008
I set off from Scotland on Monday, came through some mucky weather that turned my freshly washed MH in to a very shitty looking one !,
Been in Lancs mostly and the weather has been quite good, but went over the M62 to Yorkshire yesterday and found the bad weather again . . . Arn't i lucky !, so scurried back over the Pennines and found the good weather again, woke up this morning early, to a nice clear sunny cold day,
Wandering down to Newark later arriving pm, so look forward to seeing you there,

Ken :drink:
Must have a chat when you get here Ken I see you have the same van maybe we can exchange ideas. safe journey down

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Must have a chat when you get here Ken I see you have the same van maybe we can exchange ideas. safe journey down

Ken's been here a while. Though he's busy with a heater problem, what a day to have the heater pack up:Eeek:

We have around thirty vans in already. Our pitch is good and hard and, if you believe the forecasters, were ready to have 10cm of snow dumped upon us tomorrow. Should be great fun::bigsmile:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Can you clear a pitch the size of a small Hymer for us tomorrow afternoon, get your shovels out ready!!:thumb:

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
steve

have you got any roof bars on your van for a canoe or small boat if its a small boat your taking make sure youve got an outboard motor its far easier than rowing good luck ship mate steve:thumb:

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011

Hi John,

Arrived OK, no problems on journey here, but one big problem right away the Truma heater, isn't working so no heat, and you know how cold it is brrrrrrr, the piezo igniter is defunct for some reason, tested it at the weekend and it was fine . . .sods law,

Anyway just having meal, then probably a drink at the bar,

Ken.

OP
OP
Peter & Elaine
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Hi John,

Arrived OK, no problems on journey here, but one big problem right away the Truma heater, isn't working so no heat, and you know how cold it is brrrrrrr, the piezo igniter is defunct for some reason, tested it at the weekend and it was fine . . .sods law,

Anyway just having meal, then probably a drink at the bar,

Ken.

Got a spare portable heater if your stuck not brill but will keep chill off

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Got a spare portable heater if your stuck not brill but will keep chill off

Thanks Peter, that's very good of you, Ash ( Steve ), came round to have a look at it, but didn't have the part, but. . . He did have a nice little gas heater he has lent me, so its taking the chill off,

Thought I would have to go straight to bed to get warm !!!!!,

Ken.

OP
OP
Peter & Elaine
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Thanks Peter, that's very good of you, Ash ( Steve ), came round to have a look at it, but didn't have the part, but. . . He did have a nice little gas heater he has lent me, so its taking the chill off,

Thought I would have to go straight to bed to get warm !!!!!,

Ken.

Food first bar later bed last

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back