Newark Show - weather and ground conditions update (1 Viewer)

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
Hi,

Not scheduled to arrive ourselves until late Friday.

Can folks post updates here as they arrive re ground conditions etc.

If it gets too bad, may end up having to miss weekend ourselves, as we are off to France straight after show, and Mrs D. does not want to get MH to dirty:RollEyes:

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
We are just going to nip in for the day Friday

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We will be there tomorrow but suffer a lack of interweb in the UK..

However, having been every year for the past 4 years I can assure you the ground is well drained and even us, who have managed to get stuck just about everywhere across Europe, have never had a single problem driving on or off the site.

Weather as of this moment ( from a military source based quite close :winky: ) is cold, light showers on Friday, but dry the rest of the weekend.
Winds are not expected to exceed 8mph

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Welllllllllllllll

Given the source I use controls certain movements that are VERY weather sensative it will be interesting to see who was right :winky:

If my lot have it wrong there will be some VERY red faces in the RAF met office on Monday !!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Well we're all packed, fuelled up eager to go. Just top up LPG en-route and set for a cozy weekend. Plenty of antifreeze stocked just in case.

What a nice change to drive just a couple of hours. Same for Chester.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yup.. Woman has just finished making the stew for the weekend ! Might sound funny but it is cold out there and nothing warms like a big bowl of stew !

She makes it, lets it cool and puts it all in 4 big zip topped plastic bags.
We will have hot stew complete with dumplings within 20 minutes of landing !

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Yup.. Woman has just finished making the stew for the weekend ! Might sound funny but it is cold out there and nothing warms like a big bowl of stew !

She makes it, lets it cool and puts it all in 4 big zip topped plastic bags.
We will have hot stew complete with dumplings within 20 minutes of landing !

Snap:thumb:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Weather Update

PMUD18nTG2.jpg

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

clive1821

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
west oxford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
The weather seems not bad, the pitches are ok, parked up on site at the show ground, hope you all enjoy :Smile:

arkrite

Free Member
Apr 24, 2012
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
1 year
was hoping to come fri for w/end but work and weather against me, rain and snow on the weather channel for newark, if i can get away from work on fri are we ok to just turn up without booking, if can't get away fri we are still coming for the day on sunday

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
we are definately there friday night provided we can beat the 9 o clock curfew for arrivals cant leave london till 5 ish is there a bar there as i will need it by then

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
we are definately there friday night provided we can beat the 9 o clock curfew for arrivals cant leave london till 5 ish is there a bar there as i will need it by then

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
We won't be there as we will be at the Scarborough Fair Collection working in the museum polishing traction engines and getting them ready for the inspector and the coming season.
All hardstanding, all indoors (including old time fairground rides) and bar open as long as we are standing.
The downside is that I will still be there from Friday for possibley a week, working on Fairground organs and other stuff. It's gonna cost me a fortune in the bar :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The upside is that I get to stay on the site for nowt, including all amenities. :thumb:

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We will be heading over later in the afternoon tomorrow. We are trading so won't be camping with you. We are sure to see you all though.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
was hoping to come fri for w/end but work and weather against me, rain and snow on the weather channel for newark, if i can get away from work on fri are we ok to just turn up without booking, if can't get away fri we are still coming for the day on sunday

With the weather predicted we might well not even bother with the van, might just come on the bike with a bivvy and a couple of sleeping bags.. We ARE British dontcha know !!!

Weather only looks duff on Friday and MAYBE a bit of a shower on Saturday.. but seriously.. If we relied on the weather ( especially if we took any notice of weather predictions ! ) we would never leave the house :Eeek:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
sod that jaws im leaving soon and i got plenty of warm cloths and booze just need food mrs ukbill aint coming she changed her mind when she saw snow so more booze for me :roflmto::roflmto:

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
Having seen the BBC weather forecast for the weekend and having no skis for me or sled for hubby's mobility scooter, we are no longer going. I hope the hardier souls who are going have a really great time.

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
20 plus another 12years tugging/small campers
We are all set to leave at aprox 0900 tomorrow for the 32 mile trip, should be there by 10.00am .big coats , hats, sweat shirts ,onesy,and not forgetting my bright green borat mankini and wellies all packed.:ROFLMAO::thumb:

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
I am on site

1. brilliant pitches in a grass arena just by the gate where you enter right next to the sponsored Bar!

2 Just back from bar with UKBILL and a lots of other funsters (you are all bad people & no I cant remember your names!) I am a funsters virgin and very shy, of course we had to be the last to leave the bar.

3. Dont worry about the weather its lovely here

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Just woken up and the beast from the east has really taken hold here and is coming your way:Eeek:

I'm bringing it with us.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Got motorhome our of storage last night, food all packed, dogs booked in with dog minder, welllies at the ready, drinking pants on and .......................... well, we can't even get out of our village let alone get to Newark - I am soooooooooooooo disappointed! :Sad:
Was really looking forward to our first rally. Hubby says we may stand a bit of a chance later on today but the BBC weather forecaster suggests we don't have a cat in hells chance of getting anywhere. Bugger!! :cry:

To those who manage to make it - have a great time and stay warm.

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
20 plus another 12years tugging/small campers
Well just got up ,after being awake almost all night watching the non stop snow falling.but luckily the a46 dual carriageway outside my front door is still clear.i have just read about someone stuck near utoxiter ,and it's now on the news about all the snow there .good luck getting out.:thumb:Well it looks like the 2.5hours spent with my cherry picker and steam cleaner cleaning every inch of the camper from top to bottom was a bit of a waste of time :ROFLMAO:Don't suppose my newly fitted solar panels are going to be working too well this weekend:Doh:Well see you soon (hopefully):thumb:

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We are in Uttoxeter and want to try to get to the show today - where did you read about someone getting stuck in Uttoxeter.
Thanks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back