Newark Motor home show

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Mikeco, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Mikeco

Mikeco Funster

What a waste of time, left home 7.45, travelled 40 mile arrived Newark Showground at 8.30, went into show at 9.00, walked round came out at 10.00 back home for 11.00.
    Rubbish.

2. Fenman

Fenman Funster

As we are planning on going there tomorrow with a 90 minute drive to get there could you please be a bit more effusive in why it was rubbish?
    Not many stands, not many vehicles, not worth the entry fee.
    More detail would be much appreciated.

3. Mikeco

Mikeco Funster

Very few stands with motor home related items and I would say a lot less than a quarter of the size of shows such as Malvern or Peterborough if that A few motor homes for sale and also caravans.
    Unless you are looking at motor homes then you will take 30 to 40 minutes to walk past the stands. It is the worst show we have ever been to and for £7 each for entry very poor value.
    I have even emailed The organisors Morton's and asked for a refund, not that I will get one.

The Lincoln show in two weeks will be far better.

Before we set off this morning I was concerned about getting back for the football but I have time to go and watch it live wherever it is.

• Like Like x 2
  4. BobtheBass

BobtheBass Funster

A bit like the Stratford show then. Collect £7 at the gate, lay on a show of a few tired vans and a couple of stalls selling candy floss and tat made by the people who supply the gypsies with their pegs and laugh all the way to the bank. Not really sure what these small shows are about, except ripping off the general public?

5. Fenman

Fenman Funster

Many thanks for the heads up. I think we will stay at home and maybe we'll do Lincoln.

6. Mikeco

Mikeco Funster

We only live 20 mile from Lincoln but have booked for camping for the weekend.

7. Derbyshire wanderer

Derbyshire wanderer Funster Life Member

Thanks for the warning. We were going to go tomorrow but will not bother now.

• Like Like x 1
  8. signworks

signworks Funster Life Member

This show as been brill if you would of stayed you would have been more than welcome it's not all about he sellers the evening entertainment as been first class the unofficial marshells first class before you right it off try staying with us for the weekend that what your motorhome is for not just day visits and seeing what you can buy
    Then returning home and slagging it of this is motorhome fun come and have fun it's not just for shopping it about getting together with like minded people and having fun

• Like Like x 4
  9. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

True but addressing a different point from the OP isn't it? Most shows are sold as two products, one for campers and one for day visitors, both of which are supposed to provide good value.

No doubt those camping will enjoy themselves, just as we did with Fun at the Newark show in spring but that doesn't necessarily count for day visitors (the experience described in the OP is very similar to that which we had at Harrogate last year and was definitely not VFM).

The Stratford show is an absolute bargain for campers but nobody would describe it as good value for day visitors expecting plenty of traders to look at.

• Like Like x 1
  10. musson

musson Funster

We went saturday as above not really worth going.

11. jaykay

jaykay Read Only Funster

Me too! :)

12. jaykay

jaykay Read Only Funster

I usually go to Newark, but last year it was pants!

This year I didn't bother and glad I didn't. Lincoln for me next.

Its a real shame as Newark used to be very good.