Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Broken Link Removed
The UK Motorhome & Caravan Spring Fair Show takes place on Saturday 24th & Sunday 25th March 2012 at Newark Showground, Newark-On Trent, Nottinghamshire (Just off the A1).
This is always a good rally to kick off the season have a look at this years motorhomes and stock up on your melamine plates.

So come get it booked Call the organisers 01775 723723 or use their online booking Broken Link Removed

Members attending thus far are...

1. Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
awwwweeee .................................

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3AzDroul5k"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3AzDroul5k[/ame]

Chris65

Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
Castleford, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie from 11/11/11
We have just booked as well. Our first rally, looking forward to putting faces to names. Really looking forward to it ::bigsmile:

Do funsters tend to meet up on a night?

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We have just booked as well. Our first rally, looking forward to putting faces to names. Really looking forward to it ::bigsmile:

Do funsters tend to meet up on a night?

Well normally there are 80+ Funster vans at this show but this year there are two other meets on at the same time that have proved very popular. So I imagine that this will be a much smaller gathering than normal Very often the smaller meets are much better, it's very easy to miss people when there are 80 odd vans and 180 people. But smaller gatherings where all attending can fit under an awning are normally very sociable indeed:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris65

Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
Castleford, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie from 11/11/11
Sounds good. Dont blame anyone for going to Spain instead though :Cool:. We would be there if it wasnt too close to our holiday abroad (flying to Dom Rep). If no one else appears Jaws, my partner and I will have to have our own party :thumb::beer::yeah:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Errrr... are tickets available ? :winky:::bigsmile::ROFLMAO:

Good old runrig won't let you down, you'll have a good time, 40s 50s style in Yorkshire.

I'll bet Sheila was worried hers would flop due to Newark but FUNsters seem have decided a proper FUN party beats a few overpriced stalls.

Eden Camp has a barbed wire fence and the machine guns are set to fire automatically if and Dark Matter is within range.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
the shows are becoming less eventful many dealers are not attending because the charges for a stand are have gone up and up many do not make enough to make it worth while

talking to many funsters they are attending shows due to the higher costs with fewer traders attending

i will be going to Eden camp this weekend its far better value and less mileage from here

for those of you going to the show have a good time :thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sadly for us the fuel costs alone would be greater than the show tickets were !

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We know you will have a good time John. :thumb:

As I said on another post, shows are a easy way for funsters to meet up and have a great weekend. Its easy no planning involved, just book and turn up, as to what you spend at the show is another thing, doing as many shows as we do, I'm happy if we don't buy anything. ::bigsmile:................ But that's not very often. :Smile:

We would be very disappointed if the shows ended, and although some of us arrange one or two meets a year,:Smile: and you would be surprised what's involved, I don't think we would find the venues or people to arrange that many meets over the year.

So I think its a case of use it or loose it. :cry: Just my view on it. :cry: Bob.

Chris65

Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
Castleford, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie from 11/11/11
the shows are becoming less eventful many dealers are not attending because the charges for a stand are have gone up and up many do not make enough to make it worth while

talking to many funsters they are attending shows due to the higher costs with fewer traders attending

i will be going to Eden camp this weekend its far better value and less mileage from here

for those of you going to the show have a good time :thumb:

My first choice would have been Eden camp because thats closer to us but there were no tickets left :Sad:

but I am sure we will have a good time at the show and there are 3!!!!!!!!!!! of us now :thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Looks like a nice little gathering developing here:thumb:

1. Jaws
  2. Chris65
  3. Gaz
  4. Ash
  5. Freelander UK

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Newark Show 2012

Anyone else want to go Newark with John & Chris:thumb:

1. Jaws
  2. Chris65
:thumb: Yes over here :thumb:. Have just booked and paid on-line. Please add Cathryn and me to the list.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Horay !!! :thumb:
Had visions of me and Chris running around trying to make it look like there was a lot more of us !! :ROFLMAO:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Slowly building the numbers now up :thumb:

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funster No
MH
swift escape 640
Exp
since 2009
please add me and rachel to the list booked & paid yesterday
no £5 discount now finished end of jan we were told.

could be our first run out in our new 2012 bolero:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back