New (1 Viewer)

oddbob

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
oswaldtwistl;e
Funster No
Hi!! Everyone,

I'm the new kid on the block, and don't know what I'm doing, I hope this gets posted when I'm finnished.

At the moment I don't have a motorhome :Sad:, but do have a caravan, planning to trade in next year for a motorhome. I do need advice on what style to purchase, but definitely not a fixed bed, it will be much appreciated.

oddbob.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hello Oddbob I can't help cos I also don't know wot I'm doing but welcome anyway ::bigsmile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi oddbob and welcome to the fun.

my advice is start looking now!!!!

that way you will have a fighting chance of getting what you want first time unlike many others, me included, who let their eyes rule their brain.

it may look pretty but is it practical?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi!! Everyone,

I'm the new kid on the block, and don't know what I'm doing, I hope this gets posted when I'm finnished.

At the moment I don't have a motorhome :Sad:, but do have a caravan, planning to trade in next year for a motorhome. I do need advice on what style to purchase, but definitely not a fixed bed, it will be much appreciated.

oddbob.

WE can't advise YOU on what home you want, can we. Get thee round all your local dealers and get a feel for the various layouts. Then if you come back with "I fancy XXXX are they any good" we might be able to throw in a few comments.

Well that's what we did 2 years ago, about 4/5 dealers, took loads of photos, came back with headaches. Then by chance I called into Baron's and "That's the one for us" immediately. So went next day with 'er indoors and bought it. Luck was on our side, it was a good 'un.

Almost as important as the van is the dealer - that are some real rogues out there. Many shoot themselves in the foot by going for "a good deal" miles and miles from home then when they need support it all goes pear shaped.

OP
OP
O

oddbob

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
oswaldtwistl;e
Funster No
Thanks for your quick response, I love the idea of roaming, so I'm going to roam around some local dealers and see some of the layouts and features:thumb:.

oddbob

OP
OP
O

oddbob

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
oswaldtwistl;e
Funster No
Thanks for your reply, lovely to know that there are friends out there in cyberspace, by the way you don't happen to own an AUTO TRAIL mh of the indian variety :ROFLMAO:.

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Hi oddbob. Welcome to the fun side. Looks like there are enough of us wannabes to start our own club ::bigsmile:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Choosing motorhome

One piece of great advice I was given, was go into the loo/shower and shut the door!!
Amazing just how small the 'little room' can be :ROFLMAO:

And look at as many as you can - its all good fun !
Good luck S.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Having trawled around the dealers etc and picked what we thought we wanted and needed we have just traded that mh in and got what we really need - all in three months!

Hireing is expensive but once you have decided on the layout you think you would like perhaps it would be a good idea to hire that kind of van and see if it is really suitable.

Welcome from some other newbies by the way!:Smile:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, and welcome to the fun site. We are about to swap our Mirage for an Autotrail Dakota in the next couple of weeks. Why don't you want a fixed bed? As previously posted go round the dealers and have a good look at everything till you find one you like and don't be afraid to ask anything on here.
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back