New Zealand in a hired Motorhome . es (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
We found that the C&CC struggled to sort out an itinerary for our independent tailor-made trip. I think they are probably very good at scheduled trips/visits but we wanted flights, stopovers, other countries included (they advertise as something that they can do). We found Trailfinders really on the ball so booked most things with them - including campervan hire in OZ at a price we couldn't find cheaper.

We had help from C&CC for our six week independent trip for NZ and Hong Kong last January and all the arrangements went without a hitch. Not cheap but at the time we hadn't had much time to research and book it all ourselves.

Have you done your trip yet Richard? Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. Would love to go back but extremely unlikely.

Fond memories of Trailfinders - in 1977 three of us paid £60 each for overland local bus vouchers from Turkey to Delhi. Goodness knows how the system worked, most of the places were in the back of beyond! :LOL:

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
We went in 2006. We decided to have a 3 night stop over in Lankgawi Malasia . We arrived in Auckland stayed for 2 nights, and then got a Maui 4 birth Motorhome. Spent nearly a month travelling to South Island and back, on the way back we stopped over in Kuala Lumpur for 2 nights. We stayed on campsites most of the way around but sometimes wild-camped.
We booked the whole package with Trailfinders, who I must say were brilliant and would go again with them.
One downside was it was with Malaysian airlines, who were ok, but safety record is looking a bit shady.
We didn't have a Motorhome at the time, and I must say that that trip is what started us on the road to buying our own.

If we did it again, I think the cost of motorhoming in NZ would probably make us look at a hire car and B&B/ campsite lodges. We would also do a one way trip ( Auckland to Christchurch) as we did a lot of driving.

We loved New Zealand and if we could afford it, would love to spend 6 months a year there.

Very envious MrsBB have a great time :winky:

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Have you done your trip yet Richard? Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. Would love to go back but

We went Sept-Nov 2012,thought we would only be able to afford to go once so did as much as possible! 11,000 Km later
the locals said we'd see more of New Zealand than them!
Plenty of photos to bring back memories.Best holiday by many a mile or Km.

Richard

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
We went Sept-Nov 2012,thought we would only be able to afford to go once so did as much as possible! 11,000 Km later
the locals said we'd see more of New Zealand than them!
Plenty of photos to bring back memories.Best holiday by many a mile or Km.

Richard

That's some mileage! We had about 2,000 photos in six weeks, you must have loads! :)

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
That's some mileage! We had about 2,000 photos in six weeks, you must have loads! :)

4,500 so I'm reliably informed,mind you she did manage to work Arthurs Pass into our itinery three times! everyone talks about Milford Sound but we found Doubtful Sound far superior,especially as we went in a smaller boat,about twenty of us and the skipper was a local lobster fisherman.
Brings back so many fantastic memories just writing this.
:):):):)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back