New Year

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by mike mcglynn, Oct 2, 2012.

1. mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

I was thinking of having a few days away during the festive season and seeing in the new year at a c/club site I have now changed my mind due to the costs it works out at £26 per night now I think thats just too expensive ,:Eek!:are these costs justified ? for 2 people:Sad:

2. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi mike what site is that as it would only cost us £22 for 3 of us at Craigie gardens in Ayr we spent new year there 3 years back and had looked at going again so i agree with you that £26 is expensive for 2 people are you members.

3. slverdreamers

slverdreamers Read Only Funster

We agree, did used to do it when we were working, but both big clubs charge peak season, and they seem to get full. Motorcaravanning clubs usually run new year rally, which are reasonable, also CL see to charge the same each week, we spent last new year new Weston super mare.
    regards

• Like Like x 1
  4. mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

Hi,Gerry I was thinking of chester fairoaks and yes we are members 4 days = £102.00:thumb:

5. lorger

lorger Funster

We have used that site a few times even though its nice dont think id pay that for it. So you just need to get yourself up to Scotland last ime we spent new year at Ayr the wardens held a party in the garage and everyone just had to bring snacks they did a BBQ free and supplied mulled wine, it was -9 and we had a great time

• Like Like x 1
  6. wasp

wasp Funster

It amazes me that they charge for the pitch and per person WHY?????
    you are only parking overnight after all. I would look for a rally that would probably work out cheaper:thumb::thumb::thumb:

7. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Mike, I think Haganap is doing one at Wrenbury over New Year. Don't know what the price is yet .... Also, that weekend is Catspajamas birthday and she is thinking of going. Haganap's weekends are usually pretty good.

:Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  8. movan

movan Funster Life Member

:Sad:Sorry, been told that one not going ahead. Does anyone else know of one in the North West at New Year please. I may only be able to drive there for the day as can't get respite for mum.

Jane, Catspajamas, hope you see this.... Joy x:Sad: