LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Hi Everyone

Just wondering if anyone has thought about New Year in the motorhome

I have made enquiries to a couple of campsites, but as I feared, they are fully booked, they almost laughed when i rang up lol

If anyone has any plans that can squeeze a few more vans in , let us know please

Thanks

Leanne :Smile::Smile:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
im going to watch this one with interest but it all depends on if that white stuff falls and causes the usual chaos as to weather we will attend

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
We had a New Years Meet here in Wales. It was -14 ! Hardy lot the welsh. Seems they had FUN
Good luck and enjoy what ever the weather

Attachments

• 20100102_6674.jpg
    20100102_6674.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 20091231_6635.jpg
    20091231_6635.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 55

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Hi Everyone

I have made enquiries to a couple of campsites, but as I feared, they are fully booked, they almost laughed when i rang up lol

If anyone has any plans that can squeeze a few more vans in , let us know please

Thanks

It all depends on your definiation of up north,We are looking at going back to Granton on Spey.:thumb:

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Hi Everyone

Thanks

Croft is having the same as last year and i can find out information/ prices if intrested. Although we will be in Spain, but not much to organise if you are intrested in setting up a meet let me know.
Needs to be quick though as we will be leaving in 3 weeks ::bigsmile:::bigsmile::Cool:

dogmanlpool

Free Member
Jun 9, 2009
liverpool
Funster No
MH
mercedes 609d
hello we stayed on lochness caravan park for new years eve and had a ball and we learned the highland fling and the gay gordon but dnt tell anyone :ROFLMAO: we met some other vans up there and i think we have been invited back this year ? or if eveyone wants to meet on one of the loch carparks sounds good idea:thumb: dogmanlpool

Dingray

Free Member
Dec 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
CB
Exp
Since 2000
Croft is having the same as last year and i can find out information/ prices if intrested. Although we will be in Spain, but not much to organise if you are intrested in setting up a meet let me know.
Needs to be quick though as we will be leaving in 3 weeks ::bigsmile:::bigsmile::Cool:

Hi there,
If a meet can be arranged at the Croft like last Xmas and Newyear count me in as a definate.
Last year was brilliant, just a tad muddy where the tuggers chewed up the field.
Hears hoping
Ray.:thumb:

rwhites1

Free Member
Dec 7, 2007
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Cl Dethleffs Globevan
Exp
since 2001
the motorhome club are running at xmas & new year 10day rally at kelso showground.Elect
hkup entertainment hard standing etc.Non members are welcome.They have a website

Link Removed

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
new year

the motorhome club are running at xmas & new year 10day rally at kelso showground.Elect
hkup entertainment hard standing etc.Non members are welcome.They have a website

Link Removed

yes sounds really good will look into it ::bigsmile:

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
kelso sounds good to me. for new yr ...all depends how far we get wiv the xmass meet:Smile:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Quoted text:-

***I have made enquiries to a couple of campsites, but as I feared, they are fully booked, they almost laughed when i rang up lol***

We've had a similar response from a CC site in Edinburgh when we tried to book up online for Christmas and also for the New Year. It always seems to be "fully booked", I can understand it being booked up for the New Year, but it just seems that the CC sites seem to be full.
One reason we believe is that people book online, then don't turn up!:Blush:
Might be down to the fact that you can book up online and don't have to leave a deposit, so no committment and then the same people don't have the decency to cancel.:Angry:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Quoted text:-

***I have made enquiries to a couple of campsites, but as I feared, they are fully booked, they almost laughed when i rang up lol***

We've had a similar response from a CC site in Edinburgh when we tried to book up online for Christmas and also for the New Year. It always seems to be "fully booked", I can understand it being booked up for the New Year, but it just seems that the CC sites seem to be full.
One reason we believe is that people book online, then don't turn up!:Blush:
Might be down to the fact that you can book up online and don't have to leave a deposit, so no committment and then the same people don't have the decency to cancel.:Angry:

Hi Try giving the site a phone rather than doing it online we have had this problem with both York and Edinburgh both being fully booked then you phone and get on.

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
yes sounds really good will look into it ::bigsmile:

Sounds good just had a look on their web site will give it some serious thought.Any other funsters interested ?

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Kelso sounds ok for the New Year but Xmas must be with the family. I really must get to grips with all this. :Doh:

Ivy

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
New Year

We belong to a rally group who are planning a new year rally in yorkshire.

They are a TOTALLY friendly lot.

Every rally has activities for the kids.

PM me if anyone wants to join us.

Subs are £16 per year and a weekend rally tends to be around £8 - £15 + a cheap raffle prize.

June

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Sounds good just had a look on their web site will give it some serious thought.Any other funsters interested ?
Made a phone call and e mail last night and we have decided we are going to Kelso for xmas /hogmanay hols, sounds good 5 course xmas dinner, hogmanay evening meal etc. So deposit going in the post. Hope to see some funsters there.:thumb:

jamesrob

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Funster No
christmas in scotland at kelso

Hi Everyone

Thanks

the motorhomeclub has rally at kelso 24/dec 2/jan

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Discovered Motorhome club last year when we were virgins. First major trip in new van was to Kelso. Kate & Mick McChristal and all their colleagues made us very welcome and we had a brill time depsite the 1ft of snow. Instead of pitching on the field we were all hudled up on the car park and amazingly all had 6amp hook up.
Will defo go there again tho not this new year:thumb:

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
new year

Discovered Motorhome club last year when we were virgins. First major trip in new van was to Kelso. Kate & Mick McChristal and all their colleagues made us very welcome and we had a brill time depsite the 1ft of snow. Instead of pitching on the field we were all hudled up on the car park and amazingly all had 6amp hook up.
Will defo go there again tho not this new year:thumb:

where did you stay was it a caravan site?

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I quite like the look of the Kelso thing but aint really interested in going for such a long period. I was thinking more for a few days incorporating New year,

Unless some funster takes the ball by the horn(s) and organise's something we might just end up back on Whitby car park.

Joe, has an offer on at the cotton arms, whereby we could do our own food and that, but it seems most of the interest is coming from those bloody Geordie boys.... typical, :Smile:

I quite like Gypsy ladies thing too, any more details?

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Nowt the matter with the Geordie boys, paul
:thumb::thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Nowt the matter with the Geordie boys, paul
:thumb::thumb:

nowt at all, just means Ive gotta practice my drinking between now and new year, oh and good job you bought me that teach yaself Geordie book!!!:thumb:

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
new year kelso

I quite like the look of the Kelso thing but aint really interested in going for such a long period. I was thinking more for a few days incorporating New year,

Unless some funster takes the ball by the horn(s) and organise's something we might just end up back on Whitby car park.

Joe, has an offer on at the cotton arms, whereby we could do our own food and that, but it seems most of the interest is coming from those bloody Geordie boys.... typical, :Smile:

I quite like Gypsy ladies thing too, any more details?

were going to ring up today to get booked up manda and dave fancy going and dick and barbara:Smile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Marilyn, can you ask if you can book for a few days as oppose to the whole thing? if you can we may well come 30th till the 2nd...
let me know by PM, or facebook me. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back