Rally New Year@Shrewsbury--the return (1 Viewer)

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
That was a really memorable New Year celebration - enjoyed the parties, the food and drink and the good company. Thanks to Martin & Jen, Robin and Hillary for the music to get us all in the party mood. Still amazed at the variety of food - what a spread - and the bacon rolls - yummy!!!

We decided to come straight home and did the journey in a little over three hours - feeling a bit frazzled this morning after all those late nights :party2::wine::beerchug:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE - Let's hope its a good one :sun:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for a lovely meet and New Year celebrations. It was as always great to catch up and have a laugh.
I thought Shrewsbury was beautiful and would definitely return to explore further.

Thank you to everyone who helped out, sorry I missed the quiz and Ger playing. Until next time xx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 22, 2015
Old Leake Lincs
Funster No
MH
A class & Panel van
Exp
since 2003
New Year at Shrewsbury was our first motorhome fun meet and what a wonderful time we had. Thank you Jen and Martin for making us feel so welcome and for all your hard work. Thank you also to Robin and Hilary who provided the music and Geraldine for her amusing songs. Pauline and Chris

ToddyTwo

Free Member
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
Many thanks for a wonderful New Year celebration. Big thankyou to Martin and Jen for their hard work and everyone who made it a great get together. Shrewsbury is a fab venue.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK peeps, just got home last night after a slightly extended New Year trip.

I know you are all desperate to know that the whole £1 that I took off each of you was spent wisely, well here goes but I have to be honest and say I didn't keep very good records of what we spent on all the little bits for the tables party poopers, glow bands, paper chains, christmas decorations, butter, sauce, napkins, coffee, tea, sugar milk etc etc but I do know we spent £55 on 12 bottles of Fizz and the showground were generous enough to leave us another 6 in the fridge, the bacon buns of course turned a profit so in the box as was £121.74 after the bacon and the buns were paid for.

Cutting a long story short I have put £50 into MS society and pocketed the rest. As a business model it was pretty crap but the enjoyment factor at 100% makes up for it.

MS receipt
IMG_0268.PNG

Martin

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Thankyou for posting this Martin to be honest that £1 each seemed to go such a long long way so so well done xxx

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Well done Martin,you put on a great meet. Next time ask for more, I don't think any one would object to giving to a great cause.
Hope to see you soon. John .

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
yes well done Martin there were lots of goodies available for £1 each , it was a great meet and the room layout/tables were superb-a credit to you and your helpers. The enjoyment factor was well over 100%.
cheers
Jim and Lyn

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well done Martin,you put a great meet. Next time ask for more, I don't think any one would object to giving to a great cause.
Hope to see you soon. John .
I am sure you are right John but there seemed to have been a lot of very good fundraising on FUN before Christmas so didn't want to push it too far so really just aimed to break even, anyway I am sure the MS society can use the donation to do some good and hopefully benefit people in the future through their research.

Martin

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks so much Martin for a lovely meet and I'm thrilled the MS society will benefit. Cheers.
P.s I'm sorry I was unwell on the Sunday, I wanted to help tidy up, especially all the sparklers left outside.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks so much Martin for a lovely meet and I'm thrilled the MS society will benefit. Cheers.
P.s I'm sorry I was unwell on the Sunday, I wanted to help tidy up, especially all the sparklers left outside.
Thanks Dawn, I forgot to mention I weighed in the left over sparklers for scrap.

I think you know that my brother also has MS so it is a charity quite close to our hearts.

Martin

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
It was never going to pay for the new Motorhome. Great that you were able to donate anything to charity. MS also close to my heart. My grandfather had it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back