Rally Chat new year lancashire (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Allan & Loren

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Allan watching the FLOOD warnings for that area can you keep us updated if you hear of problems in the SITE/AREA many thanks:xThumb:
I'll phone the site 27/28th to see what the situation is and put a post on. All villages around are on serious flood alert. Chipping isn't but we need to be able to get there and back safely.

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi Allan thanks,yes thats my concern actually getting there,really hope it stays clear and there is not too much damage to homes and properties feel really really sorry for all those affected.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
I can keep you informed about roads etc i am taking dog to Chipping Tuesday morning before i go away

Gollom

Free Member
Apr 6, 2014
Preston, Lancs
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534 (1994) - Hetty
Exp
Since 2014
Not looking good is it :) Are the pitches grass or hardstanding? Also, how is the route onto the site? (tarmac or farm path?)

OP
OP
Allan & Loren

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
To get to chipping you have to go through longridge village which is on flood alert at the moment but not flooded yet. The roads from longridge to chipping are all good and the road to the campsite is Tarmac and only a short driveway. All the pitches are hardstanding and the ground is high and slops into fields beyond all the pitches so should drain away well. If the roads are clear of flood and longridge is clear we will be ok so we just need to keep fingers crossed that the weather improves.

Gollom

Free Member
Apr 6, 2014
Preston, Lancs
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2014
To get to chipping you have to go through longridge village which is on flood alert at the moment but not flooded yet. The roads from longridge to chipping are all good and the road to the campsite is Tarmac and only a short driveway. All the pitches are hardstanding and the ground is high and slops into fields beyond all the pitches so should drain away well. If the roads are clear of flood and longridge is clear we will be ok so we just need to keep fingers crossed that the weather improves.

Ooooooo - looking positive then! Magic as we are looking forward to this.

OP
OP
Allan & Loren

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Spoken to Linda at the site just now and the sun inn too. No problems in chipping, grass a bit soggy but all pitches are hardstanding so no issues. Tim has driven to longridge this morning and no flooding there and roads all good.
So fingers crossed for no more rain and we're still on for a great new year. The sun inn is going to email me a menu as it would help them if we could pre-order, so when I get it I'll post it for choices.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Still hoping they will have a cancellation and we can come. We are on the reserve list and I have spoken to her twice and also sent her an email today. Fingers crossed.
Broken Link Removed

Gollom

Free Member
Apr 6, 2014
Preston, Lancs
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2014
Spoken to Linda at the site just now and the sun inn too. No problems in chipping, grass a bit soggy but all pitches are hardstanding so no issues. Tim has driven to longridge this morning and no flooding there and roads all good.
So fingers crossed for no more rain and we're still on for a great new year. The sun inn is going to email me a menu as it would help them if we could pre-order, so when I get it I'll post it for choices.

Thanks very much for this. Is there hardstanding at the side of the van too? i.e. do you step out into grass or gravel?

OP
OP
Allan & Loren

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Still hoping they will have a cancellation and we can come. We are on the reserve list and I have spoken to her twice and also sent her an email today. Fingers crossed.
Broken Link Removed
If anyone does cancel Linda will let you know. If any other funsters cancel can you let dude know first then we could just switch.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
YAY!!!! I feel like Cinderella - Linda has just called from Brickhouses to offer us a cancellation so we can come to the ball (meet). Really chuffed.
Allan and Loren - can you add us to your list please. We will arrive on 30th for 3 nights. Looking forward to meeting everyone. :xgrin::xgrin::xgrin:

OP
OP
Allan & Loren

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks very much for this. Is there hardstanding at the side of the van too? i.e. do you step out into grass or gravel?
The gravel hardstanding is quite wide. We park up on one side and there is plenty of room for the steps and also a run of gravel beyond. Our rv is 2.4m wide or thereabouts.

OP
OP
Allan & Loren

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
YAY!!!! I feel like Cinderella - Linda has just called from Brickhouses to offer us a cancellation so we can come to the ball (meet). Really chuffed.
Allan and Loren - can you add us to your list please. We will arrive on 30th for 3 nights. Looking forward to meeting everyone. :xgrin::xgrin::xgrin:
Yay .... Really pleased and you will be the belle of the ball for persistence. Looking forward to meeting you both.

OP
OP
Allan & Loren

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Hi @Dogeared @Gollom @Simson @Al-Di @mike mcglynn @Tootles @Red Dragon @The Dude
Here's the menu for the new year meal. Can you all let me know your choices ASAP so I can pass them on. Thank you.
image.png

Gollom

Free Member
Apr 6, 2014
Preston, Lancs
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2014
Hi @Dogeared @Gollom @Simson @Al-Di @mike mcglynn @Tootles @Red Dragon @The Dude
Here's the menu for the new year meal. Can you all let me know your choices ASAP so I can pass them on. Thank you.
View attachment 87539

I have been informed by Mrs Gollom that we would like Prawn cocktail x2, Steak (medium rare) x2 and creme bruleee x1, Christmas treat x1.

Don't suppose we can take or own wine? :)

Thanks so much for sorting this

OP
OP
Allan & Loren

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
I have been informed by Mrs Gollom that we would like Prawn cocktail x2, Steak (medium rare) x2 and creme bruleee x1, Christmas treat x1.

Don't suppose we can take or own wine? :)

Thanks so much for sorting this

if we're very careful as it will be so busy we might get away with it. We could check it out on the 30th

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi Allan & Loren not sure wether to place our orders,as ferry sailings are advising of disruptions midweek due to storms might be a case of last minute decisions but will keep you posted.

OP
OP
Allan & Loren

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Allan & Loren not sure wether to place our orders,as ferry sailings are advising of disruptions midweek due to storms might be a case of last minute decisions but will keep you posted.
I'll keep my fingers crossed you can make it. It's certainly been a funny year this year for weather!

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi Allan & Loren, We would like 2 prawn cocktails, 2 turkey dinners and 2 Christmas puddings, thanks a lot.
Mew & Mick

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Good morning, we would like for starters
One melon, one soup
Two turkey for main
One Creme brulay, one Christmas pudding.

Thanks

Barry and Margaret

Ps arriving late afternoon of 30th weather permitting.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
ENTERTAINMENT AT CHIPPING:
Should anyone be in need of entertainment whilst at Chipping, I am pleased (nervous!) to announce that we will be performing the inaugural erection of our new Kampa Awning on Thursday morning. This comedic slap stick performance has the potential to be a fun filled event which will be accompanied by lots of swearing (keep the kids away) and threats of divorce. Audience participation will be gratefully received. No barracking please.
:xgrin::xgrin::xgrin:

Gollom

Free Member
Apr 6, 2014
Preston, Lancs
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2014
Should anyone be in need of entertainment whilst at Chipping, I am pleased (nervous!) to announce that we will be performing the inaugural erection of our new Kampa Awning on Thursday morning. This comedic slap stick performance has the potential to be a fun filled event which will be accompanied by lots of swearing (keep the kids away) and threats of divorce. Audience participation will be gratefully received. No barracking please.

I just saw the word "erection" and wondered what we were letting ourselves in for :xsurprised: Even popped to the garden centre for some Pampas grass.....

OP
OP
Allan & Loren

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Dear The Dude,
Thank you so much for your kind offer of free entertainment for our New Year's Eve bash. On behalf of our party, I would gladly accept your invitation to your inaugural erection which I am sure will be both highly entertaining and fun filled. You will find our party most encouraging and full of support and encouraging comments. I will try to contain the barracking but cannot promise :xrofl::xrofl::xrofl:
Please let us know if there are any specific health and safety issues you may need covering prior to your erection!

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Hi Allan and Loren,
In the interests of Health and Safety, I would suggest the following:

1. Earplugs for those of a sensitive nature.

2. A cordon to be put up at least 5 metres from the van in order to avoid flying objects.

3. Any Funster vans parked next to our van to be temporarily housed elsewhere during the performance. No need to move any caravans. :xwink:

4. St John's ambulance have been informed and have promised to be on site

5. I have been in touch with Safeguard to ask, hypothetically, if we are covered if a mallet inadvertently takes one of the windows out.

6. The performance could take an extended amount of time so suggest audience bring their own chairs, a flask of coffee and possibly a book or some knitting.

7. Given that I ordered the awning, I would be eternally grateful if any Funster could offer me a safe house until 2016.
afraid.gif

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Sounds like you guys are going to have a ball. A great bunch of folk all going. Wish we were coming but we are off to a street ceilidh in Pitlochry.

I will be watching this thread though to see what shennanigans you lot get up to.

Have a great time and HAPPY NEW YEAR when it arrives.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back