New Year in Spain - Wintering (1 Viewer)

Pat and Trish

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
3 years
Stayed at Arena Blanca in Benidorm in the Spring, enjoyed it, we saw a lot of other sites that I now can't remember the names, any recommendations ukbill?

We have booked there for sept/oct for first time, any advice or local recommendations appreciated

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
We have booked there for sept/oct for first time, any advice or local recommendations appreciated
Have a look at the Benidorm Snowbirds group, it has loads of info from last winter which should still be relevant now.

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger

Hi P&T, we only had about a week here at end April/May but thoroughly enjoyed it and that's why we're almost certainly going back. It's a short, about ten minutes, walk into the centre for a brilliant night out in one of the numerous show bars etc, taxi back just a few euros. Just a short distance down the road from Arena Blanca is an Iceland store and a bit further on another supermarket but I've forgotten which chain, well it was a few months ago now o_O. The beer at Arena Blanca was about one euro a pint! Nice indoor heated pool. Enjoy (y):):cool: Dave and Ginny.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi The Dude, I have sent you an invite to join the Benidorm Snowbirds Group.
If you look at the list of subjects along the page header you will see Competitions, Blogs then Groups.
Click on Groups and then select Benidorm Snowbirds and you should have access.

Brisey.'

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Happy Days :):):).

All booked up for El Raco from 25 November to the end of Feb :):):). They were so efficient, a couple of email exchanges and then a phone call to book. 14.80 euro a day with 2kw, can't grumble at that.

Our first Christmas and New Year away...can see many advantages already :rolleyes:.

Thanks to all that helped us get it sorted, special thanks to @ukbill (y)

Dave and Ginny

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

All booked up for El Raco from 25 November to the end of Feb :):):). They were so efficient, a couple of email exchanges and then a phone call to book. 14.80 euro a day with 2kw, can't grumble at that.

Our first Christmas and New Year away...can see many advantages already :rolleyes:.

Dave and Ginny

You know it makes sense....look forward to seeing you...BUSBY.....

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I'd love to book but fearful of paying all that money up front then something goes wrong and you can't make it. Lady at reception at La Torretta says no need to book just turn up. That's my preferred option.

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
I'd love to book but fearful of paying all that money up front then something goes wrong and you can't make it. Lady at reception at La Torretta says no need to book just turn up. That's my preferred option.

It was just 20 euro for me to book El Raco and you don't pay anything more until the day you leave. Not much to risk if it's going to give peace of mind. :)

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
We booked our ferry Dover - Calais for Oct 9th-Nov 30,when we were in Benidorm in June. We will be stopping at La Torreta again as we find it very welcoming, dog friendly, nothing is to much trouble for the very helpful staff and also convenient for the bus stop.

John.

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Found it by Internet search.
First campsite that couldn't find on Campercontact, but didn't buy the full version.
Can someone that got the full version of Campercontact can check if Camping La Torreta is on. (to know if worth to buy full version)

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Found it by Internet search.
First campsite that couldn't find on Campercontact, but didn't buy the full version.
Can someone that got the full version of Campercontact can check if Camping La Torreta is on. (to know if worth to buy full version)

Sorry :(, La Torretta isn't showing on my campercontact app, only El Raco and Arena Blanca :)

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks David and Ginny. Do you have the paid version of Campercontact?

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
just check google maps or buy the full version

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I've got the paid version. It's not on it.

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks guys.
We should report to Campercontact about the Camping La Torreta so they can add it to their list.

Deleted User

Dave and Ginny
Nope not jealous at all :(
Have fun, sounds fab, would love to do Benidorm over Xmas New Year.

Lin n Nige :)

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
We always stay at Cabo De Gata in Almeria its a bit out of the way for some but the weather is probably the best although can be windy . We paid just under 1800 euros for 6 months including 6 kw of leccy. Hired a car every other month for 3 euros a day. Great site for dog walking

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
All booked up with Brittany Ferries for 18th November Portsmouth to Bilbao...first time on this route! Fingers all crossed for a mild late Autumn in the Bay of Biscay ;):):)

Cheers @busby...that's a few beers I owe you in Beni!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back