New Year in Sheffield/Peak District (1 Viewer)

R

Richtrish

Deleted User
Hi everyone,
We are full timers but want to spend New Year with our daughters in Sheffield. As we want to leave the van unattended for at least one night, plus day times, wild camping doesn't appeal this time, and the streets around our girls' places are far too steep and narrow. Being newbies, we've obviously left this decision far too late as we can find nowhere to stay at all. We've tried all the club sites, CLs and CSs and the excellent 5van web site without any joy. Does anyone have any ideas or secret spots in the Peak/South west Sheffield area? Hook up not necessary as we have a fuel cell. (Now there's another thread possibility later!) We'd love some help.
Cheers
Rich and Trish

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
this site is open all year .there is a bus stops at gates .bus every 15 min to sheffield
Link Removed

tink

Free Member
Sep 9, 2008
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
5ver
Exp
30 on & off
If chesterfield area isn't to far out for you the peacock hotel has a camp field it is situated at cutthorpe near barlow it is approx 12 miles from sheffield if you want the phone no. Let me know i can call in & get it for you as will be passing on sunday,the landlady seems friendly enough, being as it's so wet may let you camp in large carpark.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

Richtrish

Deleted User
Thanks tink. This sounds good. Would leaving it unattended be OK in your opinion? Sorry we didn't see this before Sunday. I will try to find it on the web and call.
Cheers

OP
OP
R

Richtrish

Deleted User
this site is open all year .there is a bus stops at gates .bus every 15 min to sheffield
Link Removed

Thanks for this. Doesn't have great reviews lately but as we have our own facililites then this would be fine. We will talk to them as well.
Thanks a lot
Rich trish

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back