Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
AND THERE OFF

25 Funster units off to spend a smashing New Year at the Races

Yes Funster's It's happening​

Your chance to come and join the Motorhome Fun New Year Party at the Races.

The Venue is Uttoxeter Race Course, so pretty much smack bang in the middle of the country.

http://www.uttoxeter-racecourse.co.uk/horse-racing/fixture-details.php?detailId=193

Here's the deal-

The event is ranged from Friday 28th December through to Tuesday 1st January. It will be all held on Hard standing with a social venue available for all night's which means we can entertain ourselves.

On New Years Eve there is racing throughout the day, your chance to throw some glad rags on and act like a posh person, or alternatively, we are parked so close to the race course you can watch them thunder past your van. Over in the races there is various other things going on (please look at the web site).

It would not be New Year without a bit of a party of course, so in typical Fun Fashion, On the New Years Eve, we will be hosting a bit of a [STRIKE]gathering[/STRIKE] Party. This will involve us again taking care of our selves by bringing something over to the hall to eat, mixing it all together and then drinking and eating until the bells ring 2013 in.

I don't promise you a disco a singer a band or even my karaoke skills. If your lucky, the IPOD will be out docked with speakers and we will make our own music.
Then after several [STRIKE]Largers [/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Whiskey chasers[/STRIKE] coke's, Jim and The Sheriff (Mr John Champers) will begin singing their army and Welsh song's respectively- Which you can either join in or wear the provided ear plugs.

There are of course a few rules and costs so here they are--

For our disabled Guests, you are more than welcome to join in. ALL facilities have been vetted and I am informed you can access ALL areas that the able bodied can, this includes the race course facilities as well as there being disabled toilet facilities.

We will be using the Caravan Club Site, although this will be closed so we wont have access to their facilities. However there are toilets on site and of course water and elsan disposal.

There are no hook up points for everyone, however, I have arranged a couple of hook ups for emergency charging, although priority will be given to those with mobility scooters that need charging to get around.

Dogs are welcome but obviously must be kept on leads, they are not allowed in to the race course area on the race day and would have to remain on the site due to obviously the Horses getting scared.

The Price for this meet is as follows.

For a van with 2 occupants £87-20
for a van with 1 Occupant £69-20

KIDS GO FREE

This includes your entry to the racing on race day,with a premier access ticket, allowing access to all areas your site fee and the hire of the hall for the entire stay we are there. The price is for 4 nights camping, you may only want to stay 3 nights or even 2, but the price will remain the same. There can be no entry to the event on New Years Eve.

I have 25 places and in view of having to of paid out money prior to the event (first time ever), when booking and being added to the list, I will require a deposit of £20 to secure your place. I will be seeing most of you prior to the event anyway, so can collect it then, others that we won't be, we will PM details of paypal or our postal address by the end of October-Mid November.

So get your names down quick, pull up a chair, and have some fun :thumb:

Any questions or special requests, please PM me

Last edited:
OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
The List So Far

1 Haganap
2 Archie 200
3 Jim
4 Bungy
5 CLS
6 Champers
7 Detnor
8 Carol
9 Hutchies RV
10 Driving
11 Monsi
12 Bmb1uk
13 Max'sdad
14 Edgy
15 Family guy
16 Pat
17 Kaybee tbc
18J ock & Rita tbc
19 Marrod

Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Since 2002. Previous Motorhomes, 3 X Autotrail. Rapido and 2 Adria Coral Supreme.
AND THERE OFF

25 Funster units off to spend a smashing New Year at the Races

Yes Funster's It's happening

Your chance to come and join the Motorhome Fun New Year Party at the Races.

The Venue is Uttoxeter Race Course, so pretty much smack bang in the middle of the country.

http://www.uttoxeter-racecourse.co.uk/horse-racing/fixture-details.php?detailId=193

Here's the deal-

The event is ranged from Friday 28th December through to Tuesday 1st January. It will be all held on Hard standing with a social venue available for all night's which means we can entertain ourselves.

On New Years Eve there is racing throughout the day, your chance to throw some glad rags on and act like a posh person, or alternatively, we are parked so close to the race course you can watch them thunder past your van. Over in the races there is various other things going on (please look at the web site).

It would not be New Year without a bit of a party of course, so in typical Fun Fashion, On the New Years Eve, we will be hosting a bit of a [STRIKE]gathering[/STRIKE] Party. This will involve us again taking care of our selves by bringing something over to the hall to eat, mixing it all together and then drinking and eating until the bells ring 2013 in.

I don't promise you a disco a singer a band or even my karaoke skills. If your lucky, the IPOD will be out docked with speakers and we will make our own music.
Then after several [STRIKE]Largers [/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Whiskey chasers[/STRIKE] coke's, Jim and The Sheriff (Mr John Champers) will begin singing their army and Welsh song's respectively- Which you can either join in or wear the provided ear plugs.

There are of course a few rules and costs so here they are--

For our disabled Guests, you are more than welcome to join in. ALL facilities have been vetted and I am informed you can access ALL areas that the able bodied can, this includes the race course facilities as well as there being disabled toilet facilities.

We will be using the Caravan Club Site, although this will be closed so we wont have access to their facilities. However there are toilets on site and of course water and elsan disposal.

There are no hook up points for everyone, however, I have arranged a couple of hook ups for emergency charging, although priority will be given to those with mobility scooters that need charging to get around.

Dogs are welcome but obviously must be kept on leads, they are not allowed in to the race course area on the race day and would have to remain on the site due to obviously the Horses getting scared.

The Price for this meet is as follows.

For a van with 2 occupants £87-20
for a van with 1 Occupant £69-20

KIDS GO FREE

This includes your entry to the racing on race day,with a premier access ticket, allowing access to all areas your site fee and the hire of the hall for the entire stay we are there. The price is for 4 nights camping, you may only want to stay 3 nights or even 2, but the price will remain the same. There can be no entry to the event on New Years Eve.

I have 25 places and in view of having to of paid out money prior to the event (first time ever), when booking and being added to the list, I will require a deposit of £20 to secure your place. I will be seeing most of you prior to the event anyway, so can collect it then, others that we won't be, we will PM details of paypal or our postal address by the end of October-Mid November.

So get your names down quick, pull up a chair, and have some fun :thumb:

Any questions or special requests, please PM me

Hi Paul,
Sounds like a great Rally!! :thumb:Can you provisionally put us down as "maybe's". We ned to just sort our diary. Can confirm or not within 2 weeks? :thumb:
Steve & Anne.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi paul can you put me n Jan down please if you. Get his Currently in Barcelona but struggling with internet Have also asked Champers to contact you on our behalf

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi paul can you put me n Jan down please if you. Get his Currently in Barcelona but struggling with internet Have also asked Champers to contact you on our behalf

Yes have done Rory and Paul has confirmed via text to me that all is ok :thumb::thumb:

Let us know when the deposits are needed Paul and we will sort Rorys as well

Kath

Last edited:
OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Hi Paul,
Sounds like a great Rally!! :thumb:Can you provisionally put us down as "maybe's". We ned to just sort our diary. Can confirm or not within 2 weeks? :thumb:
Steve & Anne.

Hi Paul

Can you add us to the list please

Keith & Pauline

1 Haganap
2 Archie 200
3 Jim
4 Bungy
5 CLS
6 Champers
7 Detnor
8 Carol
9 Hutchies RV
10 Driving
11 Monsi
12 Bmb1uk
13 Max'sdad
14 Edgy
15 Family guy
16 Pat
17 Kaybee tbc
18J ock & Rita tbc
19 Marrod
20 Elvis tbc
21Traveller ha5 3dom
22 Forestboy :thumb:

Selling like hot cakes folks :thumb:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Please put us down on the list. Something to look forward to after Christmas.

Can you confirm that we can bring our dogs?

Ginny and Michael

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Please put us down on the list. Something to look forward to after Christmas.

Can you confirm that we can bring our dogs?

Ginny and Michael

Yes you can, however, on race day they are not allowed in to the restraunts and grandstands winners enclosure etc.

1 Haganap
2 Archie 200
3 Jim
4 Bungy
5 CLS
6 Champers
7 Detnor
8 Carol
9 Hutchies RV
10 Driving
11 Monsi
12 Bmb1uk
13 Max'sdad
14 Edgy
15 Family guy
16 Pat
17 Kaybee tbc
18J ock & Rita tbc
19 Marrod
20 Elvis tbc
21Traveller ha5 3dom
22 Forestboy
23 teasy 2007

Going Quick :thumb:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Adding cats pyjamas Jane, she has PMd me :thumb:

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Folks
Can't do it I'm afraid, As I thought am committed on the 29th and no way out of that. Have fun
Kath :Smile:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Adding Dingray courtesy of pm :thumb:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
1 Haganap
2 Archie 200
3 Jim
4 Bungy
5 CLS
6 Champers
7 Detnor
8 Carol
9 Hutchies RV
10 Driving
11 Monsi
12 Bmb1uk
13 Max'sdad
14 Edgy
15 Family guy
16 Pat
18 Jock & Rita tbc
19 Marrod
20 Elvis tbc
21Traveller ha5 3dom
22 Forestboy
23 Destination unknown
24 catspyjamas
25 Dingray

I have today spoken with event people and managed to lift our number to 30, so 6 places left at present:thumb:

be quick:loveyou:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
1 Haganap
2 Archie 200
3 Jim
4 Bungy
5 CLS
6 Champers
7 Detnor
8 Carol
9 Hutchies RV
10 Driving
11 Monsi
12 Bmb1uk
13 Max'sdad
14 Edgy
15 Family guy
16 Pat
18 Jock & Rita tbc
19 Marrod
20 Elvis tbc
21Traveller ha5 3dom
22 Forestboy
23 Destination unknown
24 catspyjamas
25 Dingray

I have today spoken with event people and managed to lift our number to 30, so 6 places left at present:thumb:

Hi, Can't see our name on the list, Teasy2007??

Ginny and Mike

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
1 Haganap
2 Archie 200
3 Jim
4 Bungy
5 CLS
6 Champers
7 Detnor
8 Carol
9 Hutchies RV
10 Driving
11 Monsi
12 Bmb1uk
13 Max'sdad
14 Edgy
15 Family guy
16 Pat
17 teasey
18 Jock & Rita tbc
19 Marrod
20 Elvis tbc
21Traveller ha5 3dom
22 Forestboy
23 Destination unknown
24 catspyjamas
25 Dingray

Hi, Can't see our name on the list, Teasy2007??

Ginny and Mike

sorry ginny, don't know why, must of been a middle age moment, your on at number 17:thumb:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
New year do

Is it possible to book i have only just joined .
I will sort out my membership on Monday.

2 my wife and I

Many thanks

Mel Orme

Last edited:
OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
:Cool:
Is it possible to book i have only just joined .
I will sort out my membership on Monday.

2 my wife and I

Many thanks

Mel Orme

Hi Mel, would be great to have you on board, but we do insist on all attendees at meets are members of MHFun , I will certainly hold you a place until you become a member. I will know this because your name will turn from green to blue when you subscribe . Be wonderful to see some funsters from Belgium, believe some of our funsters at the meet like Belgium beers:winky: hopefully you subscribe and we see you soon :Eeek: best tenner you will spend :thumb:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Thanks

I have just transfered the 10 pounds

I will contact motorhome fun on Monday.

Regards

Mel

ps which Belgium beer

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Is staying an extra night still an option, Paul?

I just thought some might need it to let the blood level in the veins exceed the alcohol level. :whistle:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Looks like a brilliant venue Paul.
We would have loved to come but cant get the kids to come for so long, as they are meeting up with their girl friends boy friends over the holls too. :RollEyes:
Plus I dont want to be away from them New Years Eve. So its still up in the air what we are doing yet. But we will be doing something , thats for sure.
Im sure you'll all have a great time.

Lyngary

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2011
Sudbury, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Lynnette and I would definitely like to come as there, I hope, is now room, We are in Thetford Forest at the moment, so will talk to you when we find some WiFi.;

Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Since 2002. Previous Motorhomes, 3 X Autotrail. Rapido and 2 Adria Coral Supreme.
Thanks

I have just transfered the 10 pounds

I will contact motorhome fun on Monday.

Regards

Mel

ps which Belgium beer

Welcome to Motorhome Fun! We are off to Bruges in November to sample some of your FINE Belgium Beer at The Garre Bar!! Look forward to meeting you then.
Steve:thumb:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Thanks Steve,

We are away the first week of November.

Back home after that look forward to meeting you.

Regards

Mel

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
Oi Elvis have a lovely time in Brugge but dont drink all the beer save some for our new Dutch friends to bring over so me and haggers and bungy and all us happy campers can sample at Xmas do @ Chester:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back