New Welsh Caravan TV show .. tonight

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by scotjimland, Sep 30, 2011.

1. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

29/09/2011

Show starts tonight>>>

The Welsh people and their love affair with caravans is the subject of BBC Wales' newest Friday night programme, which starts tomorrow at 7.30pm.

Fronted by Welsh comedian Chris Corcoran, Wales on Wheels is a four-part series that will take a look at the weird and wonderful things that people west of the border get up to in their caravans.

Tomorrow night's episode is all about the Royal Welsh Show, an annual agricultural event that brings almost 200,000 caravanners to Builth Wells.

A champion sheep shearer, a horse shampoo salesman and a group of party-loving teenage girls are all featured in the light-hearted programme, which gives a great insight into what makes this vibrant and varied show so popular.

In particular the girls, who call themselves The Frizzballs, are a real delight; respraying their caravan in funky colourful stripes and struggling to put up their awning.

Caravan lovers will also enjoy spotting the range of tourers that are included - from Adria and Ace to Bailey, and there's even a luxury Hobby model to feast your eyes on.

Wales on Wheels starts on BBC One Wales tomorrow night (September 30th) at 7.30pm and runs for four weeks, with upcoming episodes looking at year-round touring and various prize-winning sites.

Viewers outside of Wales can tune into satellite channel 972, and the show will be on iPlayer

2. buttons

buttons Funster

Is that tonight or tomorrow night, isn't today the 30th:Wink: ooppps I must pay more attention just read
    Originally Posted by ScotJimland [​IMG]
    29/09/2011

3. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Just watched it, it was about the Royal Welsh Show and all those that take their caravans there. It was quite funny, especially the guy with the chickens :Rofl1:

4. tonywolst

tonywolst Read Only Funster

Just missed it, i'll get it on iplayer, I'm on freesat on mine its channel 964.