New website for finding a travel partner (1 Viewer)

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Hi Delilah you need to subscribe to the site its £15 a year i think. Then you will get much more information about any rallys that could be happening. Are you going to be traveling to Spain for the winter? if you are i am trying to get together a small group to travel together in late September or October if you fancy that. As Garry Flatpackchicken says a good rally could be the Stratford on avon rally 13-20 June.

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi - I was thinking about a Spain trip over winter - I'll follow your thread when you put it up...

Delilah

Free Member
May 31, 2016
Bath
Funster No
MH
a class Hymer
Exp
Motorhome New but experienced caravan her
i mostly camp at dog shows with like minded friends but be nice to occasionally do something different ,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Hi all.
I am looking for travel company/partner. Planing to travel to the Mosel & Rhain (North) Vallys then Netherlands. Hope to leave the UK before Mid June (Van still in repair after 3.5 months traveled in Spain & Portugal included an accident, then need service & MOT and Habbitation service), planing to come back 1-10th August.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
MHF seems to continually be getting bigger and better..If that's possible. Why doesn't someone run a solo meet in the UK first...maybe @vienesse.?
ALL meets/rallies welcome you whether solo or not but it's a great way to mingle without a partner maybe becoming jealous..Few and far between but it does happen I think.

I organised one last year and would have again but I'm not solo anymore:D

Mimi

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since 2016
I believe irnbru was referring to a lady I met at the Newbury show, that was her forum name.
Mimi

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks Mimi. Don't know how to find here on here.
Are you up for travel in Europe?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Have you seen the thread @David2524 started about a solo meet and travel later in the year, sounds interesting.

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
My name is daved2524 not david2524

Mimi

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since 2016
Hi Dogsense
Hope you find your way around the site.
Not ruled out going abroad but still very new to motorhoming. Only had my first m/h a few months and my first meet was the Newbury show, next I'm off to Bagwell.
I wish you luck with your travels.
Mimi

Mimi

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since 2016
Hi
It's near Weymouth DT3 4EA and you will find the details under scheduled rallies.
Mimi

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
It looks like there are quite a few solo funsters that could be ready to travel to the warmer weather for the winter. I will have to get myself some clothes for the sun as I have been at work so long I have never needed to think about that sort of thing. If your going please let me know so I can plan my trip better.

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I did first time Winter Sun 3.5 months in Spain & Portugal last Dec till March and loved it.
Planing another one probably late November for 4-6 months starting North Spain to Portugal and then South and East Spain.

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Hi Dogsense, I will probably pass you in the new year. What's your best suggestion for Christmas and new year as you are going that way round and why?

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
Hi camperlove glad to see your safe again. Now your back what rally's are you attending during the summer? Are you still up for back over the water after the Wales rally in September? Are you going to the Retrofesterval in Newbury in August? If you are traveling back over the water at the end of the summer have you found any others that would like to join in our trip? I do ask a lot of questions I have noticed.
I have to get structural damage repaired on the 14th so plan to stay localish east sussex and kent till then. booked into my first rally on detling hill tomorrow. yes I intend to book for the retrofesterval in august, just don't want to book yet until im sure the van is repairable. yes I do plan to travel with you overseas, and am already making PROPER arrangements this time. ie a working tablet is TOP of list. Am having long discussions with amazon as to my huge difficulties using their tablet. It wouldn't keep to English, it changed to whatever country I was in language. wouldn't translate into English, couldn't download any books or movies, could not get apps which are important like, camperserve, right to park, google earth etc. I was basically missold this tablet. I couldn't even use it to find a vet.! next on line is a suitable phone. my son said I could have his I phone 5. All the gas and electric adapters I need before I leave, incase I need aires. looking to sell van for bigger one, or have solar installed. electric is important!!! lots to prepare.
No I haven't found anyone yet to join, but I only been home for 2 days, to use my laptop. That tablet I was using was real bad for anything useful.
I have posted a thread for solos to paste their location so perhaps a few will join in, then perhaps go their own way, then join later, or join on route....

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
Hi all.
I am looking for travel company/partner. Planing to travel to the Mosel & Rhain (North) Vallys then Netherlands. Hope to leave the UK before Mid June (Van still in repair after 3.5 months traveled in Spain & Portugal included an accident, then need service & MOT and Habbitation service), planing to come back 1-10th August.
sorry cant make this trip as van will be in repairs, goes in on 14th, then hab check later and preparing for my next overseas trip.

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
MHF seems to continually be getting bigger and better..If that's possible. Why doesn't someone run a solo meet in the UK first...maybe @vienesse.?
ALL meets/rallies welcome you whether solo or not but it's a great way to mingle without a partner maybe becoming jealous..Few and far between but it does happen I think.

I organised one last year and would have again but I'm not solo anymore:D
great idea. can someone organise a meet up for solos please.

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
Hi Dogsense
Hope you find your way around the site.
Not ruled out going abroad but still very new to motorhoming. Only had my first m/h a few months and my first meet was the Newbury show, next I'm off to Bagwell.
I wish you luck with your travels.
Mimi
although new to m/h, if a few of us go together o/s, you should get the support you need from the group, and much valued hands on experience on how to survive, and hopefully a few laughs trying to find out how to do everything. even if you split from the group and go your own way, you will still find people from this site, who are o/s to advise and assist you. I met a gent from here in Portugal, who advised me to go to a particular large aire for reasons. within half an hour of arriving, i had a new gas hose run, regulator, and easy to lift plastic 12kg gas bottle hooked up, and electric adaptor made up, gained a much need hair dye brush. later i met several brit persons, who gave me newspapers, organised a garage for me as my exhaust was broken, hair dresser, beautician, vet, and much needed help all the way round.

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Camperlove, as I suggested to you befor, get rid of the Amazon tablet & get the iPad then your phone and iPad will sinctognize and you will have on both your Contacts, mails, pics etc.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
My phone,laptop and tablet sync and I'm on android.

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
Hi Dogsense, I will probably pass you in the new year. What's your best suggestion for Christmas and new year as you are going that way round and why?
I would recommend booking into a large aire which has a restaurant, pub etc. one aire i visited held 480 motorhomes. i did ask what they do for xmas. apparently each country organises dinner at a restaurant. but also the restaurant on site, provides diner and entertainment.

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
Camperlove, as I suggested to you befor, get rid of the Amazon tablet & get the iPad then your phone and iPad will sinctognize and you will have on both your Contacts, mails, pics etc.
will be getting a new tablet as i have £250 in Tesco vouchers to spend before the 26th. just not sure if i pad is better than android tablet. I need to get google earth and other apps.

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
I have been looking from the start of this set of correspondence and it seems we have a lot of members that would like to travel overseas this winter and are just trying to make up there minds and get the courage to make the arrangements. Don't loose sleep over it, i will help you and so would many members on this site. All you have to do is,
1 Say your going,
2 Workout what date you can go
3 How long you can go for
4 Locations you would like to visit
5 Location for Christmas dinner
6 Location for new year party
7 What you are going to give me for Christmas (Joke)
We would need to try to get sites that are not so expensive so we all have the money for it. You have to start the thinking and planning some time. I have decided that the end of September is a good time for me to start my winter trip so i have made the first move. Now you make a move. Reply on the tread (Travel partners needed for Spain this winter) so we can keep all the information together.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back