New website for finding a travel partner (1 Viewer)

maeve

Free Member
Nov 5, 2015
north east england
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer
Exp
Different layouts available Maeve. Just like our Apache has different options so watch its the layout you want before travelling. Keep your eye on Gumtree and Preloved too. ..And do not part with cash til the keys are in your hand. Good luck.
Andy has said he will help me get a MH .I think I will be pretty safe with him what he doesn`t know isn`t worth knowing .

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Andy has said he will help me get a MH .I think I will be pretty safe with him what he doesn`t know isn`t worth knowing .
Don't want to hijack this thread, come to chat

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Newbury event is 20 - 22nd May, most are getting to the event on the 19th.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

maeve

Free Member
Nov 5, 2015
north east england
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer
Exp
Newbury event is 20 - 22nd May, most are getting to the event on the 19th.
Not yet sure whether I would be able to do that one , no motor home as yet, can`t rush it as it has to be the one I really want ,I can`t afford to make a mistake.I do hope I can find one before the season tails off, if it begins! the way the weather is at the moment. I am not averse to winter travelling either.

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Have you not got a tent for Newbury? Joke. Get a b&b for a few days

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I spent over a year researching the layout I wanted. Went to a dealers to look at one, heavens opened, dived into the nearest open van. I was stuck in it for 1/2 hour, came out and bought it. I have now owned my Rapido 985f for 5 years and can't find anything I'd rather have.
It bit like houses, you keep going in them till you find one you don't want to leave :h:

maeve

Free Member
Nov 5, 2015
north east england
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer
Exp
I spent over a year researching the layout I wanted. Went to a dealers to look at one, heavens opened, dived into the nearest open van. I was stuck in it for 1/2 hour, came out and bought it. I have now owned my Rapido 985f for 5 years and can't find anything I'd rather have.
It bit like houses, you keep going in them till you find one you don't want to leave :h:
Does the Rapido have an end lounge ? I have seen some MHs I quite like but I do like the idea of a social area where it seems to give more space. I also need a four berth so I can take my grand children or friends away too. Found your comment helpful thank you.

Mimi

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since 2016
I hope so as I will be there and it will be my first trip in my m/h.
Looking forward to meeting others.
Mimi

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
100% agree with Clive find out the best layout for what you want ie big fridge seating area enough for what you need and Tv veiwing area big enough for kids to sit in comfort and of coarse yourself as so many Mhs are cramped in the seating area maybe try ang get one that has 2 big settees like mine and can seat 9 people comfortably and has fixed double bed and drop down overhead double bed. Plenty of room for you and kids and you can shut off section when kids go to bed very important maybe. Advise look at as many layouts as you can before deciding and please ask whatever questions you have don't matter how tribal as this is all part of being a funster Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

maeve

Free Member
Nov 5, 2015
north east england
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer
Exp
100% agree with Clive find out the best layout for what you want ie big fridge seating area enough for what you need and Tv veiwing area big enough for kids to sit in comfort and of coarse yourself as so many Mhs are cramped in the seating area maybe try ang get one that has 2 big settees like mine and can seat 9 people comfortably and has fixed double bed and drop down overhead double bed. Plenty of room for you and kids and you can shut off section when kids go to bed very important maybe. Advise look at as many layouts as you can before deciding and please ask whatever questions you have don't matter how tribal as this is all part of being a funster Regards Garry Flatpackchicken
Thank you Garry that is good sound advice ,there are so many to choose from. I do know what I want-----ish ? I am sure when I step inside I will get the feel of it .Just hope it is not too long as the year is quickly moving on. I have three holidays in the pipeline beginning in August but would like to travel to Scotland maybe before then with a MH. Maeve

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Does the Rapido have an end lounge ? I have seen some MHs I quite like but I do like the idea of a social area where it seems to give more space. I also need a four berth so I can take my grand children or friends away too. Found your comment helpful thank you.
No mine is a French bed layout, perfect for me on my own but cramped when my 2 adult sons come away over New Year. The problem with an end lounge is your cab seats tend to be wasted. Have a look at the Autotrail, some of them have very big bench seats in the front which form 2 singles or one very large double, then also have an over cab bed.

maeve

Free Member
Nov 5, 2015
north east england
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer
Exp
Have you not got a tent for Newbury? Joke. Get a b&b for a few days
I do actually but I feel at my age I am meant for better things, (Illusions of grandeur) Like a really comfy bed and shower facilities .Not too much to ask? Maeve

maeve

Free Member
Nov 5, 2015
north east england
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer
Exp
No mine is a French bed layout, perfect for me on my own but cramped when my 2 adult sons come away over New Year. The problem with an end lounge is your cab seats tend to be wasted. Have a look at the Autotrail, some of them have very big bench seats in the front which form 2 singles or one very large double, then also have an over cab bed.
I am quite taken with the AUTO TRAIL I have been looking at them . I had not considered the point about the cab seats as they are very useful when they can be swiveled ,it is very helpful talking to others` about their own experiences .Buying a MH is a huge purchase and I welcome all input. I have just bought The Guide to Purchasing a MH form Motor home site. Thank you I appreciate your thoughts. Maeve

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
I am quite taken with the AUTO TRAIL I have been looking at them . I had not considered the point about the cab seats as they are very useful when they can be swiveled ,it is very helpful talking to others` about their own experiences .Buying a MH is a huge purchase and I welcome all input. I have just bought The Guide to Purchasing a MH form Motor home site. Thank you I appreciate your thoughts. Maeve

Another very important point that most newbies overlook but is extremely important is weight!!!!!!! Ensure that you have enough payload to stay within the law and got your own safety as well. ie: the difference between empty van to the maximum that is allowed by law. Most Mhs are max 3.5ton but some can be quite heavy before you even put anything in them and call your stuff and you and your passengers could well be over the top so be very careful so better if you can handle a bigger one to get a mh over 3.5 t if you have the licence to drive one, as these give you a better chance of keeping legal and safe Regards Garry Flatpackchicken :)

maeve

Free Member
Nov 5, 2015
north east england
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer
Exp
Another very important point that most newbies overlook but is extremely important is weight!!!!!!! Ensure that you have enough payload to stay within the law and got your own safety as well. ie: the difference between empty van to the maximum that is allowed by law. Most Mhs are max 3.5ton but some can be quite heavy before you even put anything in them and call your stuff and you and your passengers could well be over the top so be very careful so better if you can handle a bigger one to get a mh over 3.5 t if you have th e licence to drive one, as these give you a better chance of keeping legal and safe Regards Garry Flatpackchicken :)
I have been reading up on the law relating to M.H ownership fortunately I have a couple of friends with a M H who will be able to assist . I must admit I haven`t a clue about weight I will have to see what the actual MH weighs and work from there . More often than not I suspect I will be alone. Some week ends I will be travelling with a friend but she still works at the moment. School holidays will add two children 8 and 12yrs. although my grandson 12 is taller than me already.not that that is difficult as I am only 5ft . From my limited experience I have been taught that you take as little as possible week ends shouldn`t require much gear. Maeve

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
How did this thread get hijacked? I started reading page 1 -2 and jumped to the end. Did jim's new website work out?

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Not really@Jac Sprat. It was initially free then £5 a month if I remember right.

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
Just had a thought - as there's some solo folk interested in a trip abroad - would it be an idea to meet up mid week or a weekend to see what we thought about planning something?
I live in Sth Yorkshire so can go north or south depending where folk live for a half way meet... anyone interested?
I am Interested in finding travel friends. Been on the road now 11 weeks mostly solo, and only met two people for half a day.

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Go to some of the rally's? I am at the Newbury one now so I will see what it's all about.

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
Alan the Caravan, Dave and Pat (Snowbird) and I all met you!

It was for more than half a day surely?

JJ :cool:
Don't remember Dave and pat unless they were the couple with you at silver's , just before I left or the couple I jumped on who arrived in the aire you sent me to. They had a huge funster sign. But I was only with them for 10 min.
So many threads of people loosing their partners, travelling alone, trying to make do, feeling the loss mostly at night. We should all be popping in to visit each other. I enjoy my private space but there is a big difference between being alone in your space, and being lonely because you are totally alone. I would have been very grateful if I could have hooked up with all these persons who lost their partners or those feeling alone.
Indeed just yesterday, I had plans to meet two people in the near future , however due to fuel shortage here north France, I have to cross over to UK. I can't stay in this aire at 12 euros a night for the 3 weeks of French strikes. Cheaper to cross over.

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
I am Interested in finding travel friends. Been on the road now 11 weeks mostly solo, and only met two people for half a day.

Hi - perhaps when you're back in the UK you could message me and we'll see if we can sort out a meet up for interested people? I hope you get back over OK - enough fuel in your van!
cheers
Ang

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
Am back in the UK.. sorry for late reply. Still getting used to using a tablet and how this site works. Had to return as arrived in dieppe on reserve so couldn't travel as fuel stations closed.

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Gosh you were lucky to get back ok - you could have been stranded for a while! Do let me know what your future plans are - I'm sure there're plenty of solos who'd be interested in a trip somewhere - may just need a couple or so of us to organise a short break & put offer it up on the site for others to join in.

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Hi camperlove glad to see your safe again. Now your back what rally's are you attending during the summer? Are you still up for back over the water after the Wales rally in September? Are you going to the Retrofesterval in Newbury in August? If you are traveling back over the water at the end of the summer have you found any others that would like to join in our trip? I do ask a lot of questions I have noticed.

Delilah

Free Member
May 31, 2016
Bath
Funster No
MH
a class Hymer
Exp
Motorhome New but experienced caravan her
What rally,? I only just joined, can't even figure out how to put a post up yet, seem to be able to reply to posts, I am single camper with dogs ...

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Delilah why not try and come to the Stratford upon Avon show in a couple of weeks time where you can meet and enjoy scores of other members Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back