New website for finding a travel partner (1 Viewer)

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Just looked at trail mates will need to know more about it,as what does it offer that's different from this site,except to make your purse a bit lighter.?????

Can anyone explain to me????

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
It hasn't really taken off. I think Jim envisioned that people outside Motorhome Fun would join, but although it's a great idea in theory, I think the Fun forums would probably work just as well, posting either under Solo Travellers (if appropriate) or UK or Continental Touring.

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Hi Viennese
Thanks for letting me know,sorry we did not get much chance to talk at Norfolk Show,but hope to meet again on my travels.:wine:
At the moment it's Rye for me,small gathering,would love to do Shell Island,but big trip for one meet,hope to be more organised next year,and go from one meet to another.:whistle2:

I would agree any arrangements can be made on the solo section,I think may be when we all meet each other an exchange of mobile numbers may be best if people want to make some arrangements to travel as solo,s rather than let the whole world know!!!:Eeek::crying:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Hi I was in Wales when the Norfolk show was on but would like to meet up with other solos, maybe Lincoln show in September?

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Hi @Indy259, I am a solo traveller and will be at Lincoln. Will try and seek you out to make an introduction. I'm sure there are other solo travellers attending.

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Not sure if I will make this one,as plucking up the courage to go to France.
I have noticed some solo,s who are going,the only thing I found with the bigger shows,is you are a bit scatted,:imoutahere: i went on Old Mo,s meet at Bagwell then on to Jez and Lynn's at Corfe,got to know a lot more people,:party2: couples as well as singles,

Hoping to do those two meets again next year,plus the new forest meet,all back to back if it comes off.:party2::clap2::clap2:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I'll be at Lincoln Indy259 - look forward to meeting you... The problem with Norfolk was that there was no marquee to meet in. I'm assuming there will be one at Lincoln, and we solos can meet there. Perhaps we could all wear a red spot on out badges or something silly!

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Cal54, Viennese & Eve
Lets get in touch nearer the date and fix how to meet, I was going to France Eve but chickened out at last min

shane the nomad

Free Member
May 22, 2015
Anywhere the handbrake go's on
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Two years ...so newbie....ish !!!
Great idea Ringleader,Would be reassurring for inexperienced solo's to feel more relaxed in convoy with like minded company on the road

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Hi Indy or any other solo,s

Is any one in Spain at this moment!
Not a great fan of convoy travelling ,but don,t mind a meet up
Hi Cal54, Viennese & Eve
Lets get in touch nearer the date and fix how to meet, I was going to France Eve but chickened out at last min

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Brilliant idea Jim,I as a,solo motorhomer am very nervous of travelling,abroad on my own till I have done it a few times..Roy

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi - I'm a newbie and over the last three years since getting my van I've managed to do two longish trips through France, Spain & Portugal - in 2014 there was five of us in convoy- well sort of - some stuck with each other closer than others! What was nice was having stops where we re-convened for coffee/eats etc. Then we'd check everyone was OK and move off to our camping destination. I didn't find this arduous & in fact it was very helpful knowing that if any of us had a problem (which we did sometimes) then there was someone to help - even just to make a cup of tea!

This year I travelled for 3 months - it ended up with just two of us in convoy from the Algarve onwards but we saw some fantastic places, and again just knowing that you're not on your own as a new solo traveller took the edge off the nerves!

I would be happy to travel with others interested in a trip abroad.. I'm definitely going to do something again next year - (I thought I might get to meet up with Eve but I couldn't leave at the same time - hope you're still having fun Eve - got to Spain yet?)

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Jim
I know I'm not meant to criticise spelling on the forum, but as it concerns your new website I thought I could get away with it.
Under "why do we need to upload an avatar" you have the word FIVE rather than GIVE.
Apologies if it hasn't been fully proofed yet
Geoff

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Hi Ang
Yes in Benicassim on site Bonterra park,have to say enjoying it,mostly couples and people who do the same thing every year so know each other very well.

Once you get past the point,of doing things on your own,you get use to it,some speak ,some don,t some are curious!!! Part of living I suppose .!
Hot enough to go swimming,so that's the plan,eating out tonight with me for company,happy hour at 1.40 euro,s for a large glass of wine.
It just would have been nice to have some company,

Moving on Sunday,so we will see,I think there is at least one other Funster on site,but he has not raised his head !! So I must be scary lol.
image.jpg

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Eve The most important thing is you've done it, I know it's better to share experiences, however I chickened out this year, only traveled around UK which I did enjoy, but next year it's to take big breath and drive to the ferry.

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Eve - good photo - I don't recognise this site (ours wasn't very nice!) - we spent a few days at Benicassim in 2014 - we had a nice afternoon at a local hotel overlooking the beach with a couple of jugs of Sangria!

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Eve The most important thing is you've done it, I know it's better to share experiences, however I chickened out this year, only traveled around UK which I did enjoy, but next year it's to take big breath and drive to the ferry.

Hi Indy259 - I had hoped to go with Eve but we couldn't make the same leave dates... Eve sends me info on where she's heading just in case I can make it out to Spain at some point.. next year though if you're interested?

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Benicassim Bonterra Park,was very nice I stayed for a week camping car worked out at 15 euros,if I every get to the stage of spending a month somewhere I would stay here. Food and drink cheap,hot and cold swimming pool,5 min to beach,shop on doorstep. Stay for a month ,price goes down,stay for 6 months,don,t ask!!M
Just got to control my wanderlust ,
The biggest thing is being a solo,although neibours and another couple always invited me to join them ,which was nice.
Thinking Benidorm next Snowflakes,just waiting for my instincts to say move on.

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Indy259 - I had hoped to go with Eve but we couldn't make the same leave dates... Eve sends me info on where she's heading just in case I can make it out to Spain at some point.. next year though if you're interested?
Hi Mophead Sounds good,please keep in touch

Briarose

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2007
This is a great idea, i too will be looking for a travel companion in the near future for when i go abroad to see old friends, as i recently lost my hubby of 24 yrs in October last.
Hi sorry to hear that...I lost my Husband in July, we had been married for 40 years ( I was a child bride) x

Briarose

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2007
hi not sure if if I have misunderstood you but the site is up and running..
think you register and possibly get a trial period for free, but may be wrong there.
the details about the site will be on the home pagehttp://www.trailmates.co.uk/

hope this helps.. ta andy
Could someone let me know too please. At the moment would love to get the motorhome out, but with the dark nights etc it's all a bit daunting.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi @Briarose ...not sure whether you have looked at the link for trail mates. .. I haven't been back since the free trial period expired. ..or even know if it's still a going concern.
Have a look at the meets and rallies section .. It matters not if you are a solo you will be made very welcome...
If you can find a smaller meet they tend to be better for a first time but if not just whatever suits...
Might even be worth a post in chat section just asking if anyone close by wants a meet up...
Good luck with it whatever you do
Ta Andy

Briarose

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Thankyou to both of you. My intentions was to go on some meets ...I also joined motorcaravan club. But I haven't done it as yet.

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Hi everyone
Well I am in Calp 18 miles from Benidorm ,have had a nice time here and met a few Funsters as well.
Bridget another sol funster arrived on Sunday so we thought we would go into Benidorm and try to see some snowflakes.
Although sun in the day it has gone cold of a night. This sunrise brought the change in the weather.
image.jpg

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Keep posting Eve, I have enjoyed following your travels and assume the fridge issue got sorted. Just wish I had the courage to travel outside of the UK as a solo. Enjoy the rest of your time away, and hope to meet up,again on a rally in 2016.

Happy wanderings.

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just had a thought - as there's some solo folk interested in a trip abroad - would it be an idea to meet up mid week or a weekend to see what we thought about planning something?
I live in Sth Yorkshire so can go north or south depending where folk live for a half way meet... anyone interested?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back