New water tap..................help please. (1 Viewer)

Gorsecover59

Free Member
Jun 6, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Swift,Lifestyle 530l
Exp
new
Dear All,
Recently broke the kitchen tap on my sink and trying to find another ...................I believe it to be a reich twist with a 45 deg knuckle.
Looking through various dealers it appears some dealers state the 45 deg angle version comes with fixtures that allow it to fit to a 48 mm hole or a 39 mm hole by removing a circlip. This tap is shown to be available to fit a 39 mm hole (presumably by removing circlip to make it smaller than 48 mm) or as a 33 mm hole version. Sorry to sound dense but how can I tell which size I need without removing the old tap as I do not wish to remove until I have a replacement, am unable to see if the hole I have is 48 mm, 39 mm or 33 mm.

https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/w...-parts/reich-twist-mixer-tap-chrome-left-hand

My van is a swift lifestyle (Sundance) 530l 2002 and have attached a photo of the carnage inflicted upon my old tap.
May post this on swift talk if response not too good. Not to insult you lovely people but to get widest possible coverage.
Many Thanks
Martin

IMG_0779.JPG

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Perhaps Swift would tell you if you call them?
I replaced the Reich tap in my Hymer at the end of last year (different Reich model) but I removed the old one first to ensure I ordered the correct replacement from LeisureshopDirect. It took a couple of weeks to get the replacement as I remember it because they were out of stock at the time.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I replaced the tap on my Hymer last year, got fed-up with the plastic ones splitting, so replaced it with an all metal Reich tap, bought of eBay. I found my tap style also came in 2 sizes..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Gorsecover59

Gorsecover59

Free Member
Jun 6, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Swift,Lifestyle 530l
Exp
new
Thanks guys.....................but looks like I will have to remove the tap to find the size..................

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
if theres no lid on that sink i would fit a domestic tap i went through 3 reich taps in 3 years and then fitted a domestic mixer next to the sink and put a stopper in the hole in the sink

OP
OP
Gorsecover59

Gorsecover59

Free Member
Jun 6, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Swift,Lifestyle 530l
Exp
new
Thanks mitzimad but there is a glass cover over the sink

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Reich have a UK office once you have the tap out you could contact them and make sure you get the correct model number. Also probably be a lot cheaper to buy from a German dealer, do a search on German eBay.

OP
OP
Gorsecover59

Gorsecover59

Free Member
Jun 6, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Swift,Lifestyle 530l
Exp
new
Thanks for your help Guys,
Swift came back to me and said my Tap has a 48mm hole.
So for anyone else the tap with the black surround is sized for a 48mm hole, but you can remove the black surround to make it fit 39mm. But there is also a similar tap at 33mm .
Many Thanks
Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back