TheDeckKing

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hyde, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Voyager 2 coachbui
Exp
We currently have a very very noisy water pump and are looking to replace it with something quieter. Our moho is 22 years old so I'm struggling to get advice on what would be compatible.
The current pump is a Fiamma superflusso as shown in pic I can't see any model numbers but may if I remove it. Any recommendations for a replacement?
20141102_160108.jpg

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
as John said.. and they are all noisy ..

however, the noise can be greatly reduced if mounted correctly on their rubber feet, ie not to tight, and if you fit an acoustic hood ..

On a more general note, if fitted with solid pipe the noise also travels along the pipes.. fitting short lengths of flexible pipe stops that.. Shurflo sell a kit to do it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TheDeckKing

TheDeckKing

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hyde, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
as John said.. and they are all noisy ..

however, the noise can be greatly reduced if mounted correctly on their rubber feet, ie not to tight, and if you fit an acoustic hood ..

On a more general note, if fitted with solid pipe the noise also travels along the pipes.. fitting short lengths of flexible pipe stops that.. Shurflo sell a kit to do it.
Thanks guys. We've got flexible hoses but no acoustic hood ?!? Will have to research those. Is it a waste replacing the pump then? It seems to work ok, it's just noisy.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thanks guys. We've got flexible hoses but no acoustic hood ?!? Will have to research those. Is it a waste replacing the pump then? It seems to work ok, it's just noisy.

an acoustic hood is basically a wooden box lined with a sound absorbing material like foam rubber.

I doubt you will find an off the peg to suit .. but an easy DIY ..
just make sure you leave space around the pump and with holes for the air to circulated to allow pump cooling.

Try that before spending a wedge on a new pump

OP
OP
TheDeckKing

TheDeckKing

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hyde, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
I'm guessing I won't be able to swap the existing pump for something like this then
LINK

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
You can also find pumps noisy if it is fixed to a panel that can itself vibrate, like a piece of plywood for instance. if this can be stabilised then they can be a lot quieter

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
The best noise reduction I achieved was by mounting the pump (using its rubber feet) onto a piece of 1/2" MDF just big enough to accept it. Then glue 1/2" hard foam to the rear of the MDF and glue the whole assembly to its original mounting position in the van. Almost silent. All pumps of that type are noisy and vibrate because of their design. If you want total (well nearly!) silence replace it with a submersible & external pressure switch.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Chris (freelanderuk) has recently been having problems with his really noisy Whale pump. I couldn't believe the noise it was making, when I heard it running. :whatthe:
At the weekend just gone, it packed up completely, and he replaced it with a Sureflo of similar dimensions and pressure. He and I can't get over how quiet it is compared to the Whale pump. He got his from Camper UK.

Cheers,

Jock.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
If its not broken don't try to fix it but I fitted a sure flow pump to my wan when I got it only because the pump was knackered
bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back