Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Hi, we have the Truma heating system fitted with optional electric, gas and or diesel fuel. It takes an age to warm up up on electric only, is this normal? Any advice on the best way to get warm air sooner would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Electric will always be slow because of the limited power draw of the element. EHUs won't support the size of element needed to heat a van in really cold weather. Take a look at the rated output on gas then compare it with the electric element. Fast warm-up is achieved by running on electric & gas together. Once warmed through it's usually possible to run on electric on its own.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
My combi 6E takes a fair while to warm up on Electric only, but I also have a boost when the set temp and room temp are 10 degs different. If I need heat quickly, I use combo of Elec and Gas. This gets MH warm in 20 - 30mins with full fan on. If out for the day, I use programmed timer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Flash it on gas and electric then go electric only to maintain ambient temperature. Should be good down to around 5C outside.

OP
OP
Christoph

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Thank you all for the advice. Flashed it up on mixed and it came alive! Fan speed an heat increased quite quickly.

On another note the fridge freezer switched itself onto gas last night. Had power to everything and wasn't drawing much at all. When I dropped the fridge temp down one notch it went back on to electric. Is that normal? Thanks again

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Fridges ( esp Thetford ones ) are very sensitive to mains voltage drop..
Happens all the time to me on big sites in far off countries

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back