Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Good luck we hope to get ours in a few weeks, time is dragging!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Good luck and happy travels. (y)

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Excellent news for you John (y)

Auto-Sleeper have confirmed that mine is ready, but they are waiting to pair it up before sending it north on the transporter. Dealer will insist it comes up by itself if we get close to my purchase date.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Bet you don't sleep much tonight. :) Looking forward to the photos... :)

AndyB57

Free Member
Dec 11, 2016
North Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Consort Kite PVC
Exp
Since 2016
We've had the phone call today from SMC that our new Globecar Campscout has arrived from Germany.
We are going across to Newark tomorrow to look at her and arrange a pick up date.
Excited!

John.
How exciting! We ordered a Globecar Globescout R at the NEC show a couple of weeks ago but ours won't be here till November!! Hope all goes well tomorrow and you have many great times with her. Or him. Or even it (if you don't anthropomorphise your vehicles!)

Andy

Bulldog Boxy

Free Member
Sep 28, 2015
stoke
Funster No
MH
caravan was motorhome.
Exp
Good news it's getting closer for you to putting ya bling on :roflmto: bet ya can't wait.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
How exciting! We ordered a Globecar Globescout R at the NEC show a couple of weeks ago but ours won't be here till November!! Hope all goes well tomorrow and you have many great times with her. Or him. Or even it (if you don't anthropomorphise your vehicles!)

Andy
NOVEMBER!!!! That's 9 months!!! Why so long?????

AndyB57

Free Member
Dec 11, 2016
North Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Consort Kite PVC
Exp
Since 2016
Hi Mel - 9 months is a long wait I know but apparently October is the first available build slot there is for the van we want (Globescout R) Although SMC tried to source an existing van, there wasn't one around that matched our spec so 9 months wait it is! At least we've still got our existing VW T5 to play with until then but I can't wait to get the new van.

By the way, I've read many of your posts, with you being a Globecar owner, and got some very useful information from them, so many thanks for that!

Andy

OP
OP
Neckender

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
We've been to SMC today to look at our new van and she's gorgeous, we're both over the moon with her. It's come with the optional 3rd bed which we didn't order so I suppose that's a bonus, we couldn't look in the rear to have a look because how it was parked up, so might have the winterisation we haven't ordered. The quality of the build is exceptional, we have a pick up date of 3rd April as they have some extras to fit and their diary is busy.
John.

OP
OP
Neckender

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
It's only 6.4 metres in length but looks massive towards our Auto Sleeper Broadway at 6.28, hopping it fits on our drive ok as I've worked out it will only have 100 mm gap between van and bungalow.

John.

Bulldog Boxy

Free Member
Sep 28, 2015
stoke
Funster No
MH
caravan was motorhome.
Exp
So both of you need some sleeping pills till April lol.glad you happy with her and the quality.cant wait see it on ya drive . Happy days are here again :Grin:nice one John
Reg and ange

Box Boy

Free Member
Jul 3, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Globecar Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2010
Great PVC to own. Happy camping! We collected our new Globescout last November and can't wait for our first trip. Our dealer wondered why we were checking out all the windows. We were checking that all the foam insulation behind was in place - also around the door fly screen. Had heard some stories but ours was all finished correctly. As you say very good build quality.(y)

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Awaiting mine from SMC but it's a Frankia, hopefully sometime in April ???

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back