LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We have just had our two front seats recovered... and are very happy with the results :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Whilst we were away in France recently, we met now funsters Allegro83 and were so impressed with their front seats which had been re-upholstered by Tappers upholsterers,
that last thursday afternoon I gave them a ring to enquire etc, well by 9pm that night they had been collected by Richard who is a very nice and helpful young man

It was a 2 1/2 hour journey one way for him .. the two front seats now collected and sample books left with us to choose which fabric and colour etc we would llke , we had decided by friday afternoon what we wanted ( a price's had been agreed whilst with us before he left)

Fabric was ordered by them monday morning and the seats returned to us by Thursday evening.... they really do try to please their customer's ...ace:thumb:

Thank you Richard of Tappers for such a great service .... we love the new seats, as you know Richard , I worried afterwards had we chosen the correct colour of leather ... but they are gorgeous :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Tappers are at the NEC this w/e, if anyone is attending the Caravan show and thinking of any new upholstery please give them a visit etc

We are no way connected to this company just passing on our appreciation of a good service and workmanship :thumb:

info : Richard
Tappers Auto Trimmers & Upholsterers
120B FRANCES RD
KINGS NORTON
BIRMINGHAM
WEST MIDLANDS
B30 3DX

TEL: 0121 458 6080

http://tappersupholstery.com/

ps hope to add a pic shortly

Kath x

Allegro83

Free Member
Jul 20, 2010
Balfron, Stirling
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer L
Exp
15 years
Glad you're pleased with the reupholstery Kath and John. We went to B'ham C&C site and they picked the front seats up one morning and delivered them back to the site at 5.30 the same day. As you say they are very helpful.

Jan and Brian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Yes they did offer us that too, only as the NEC show was on, with them having expected orders we would be looking at a much later date than we wanted

We had hoped as we were going to be at the fishing meet ,the seats could be collected there (It is only an hour away from their workshops from the rally )

Only alas if that would have worked out ok but the Nec they have mixed things up abit

Hey ho we are happy to have it done very quickly :thumb::thumb::thumb:

welsh winger

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Swansea
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle
Exp
4 years
We chose Tappers at the malvern show to recover our van, complete job all seats curtains, and also had some carpets and cushions to match.

I would like to echo all that has already been said about Richard, a real genuine person.

He collected the contents of the van, and delivered them back and refitted them a week later.

The standard of the work is top class, but the selling point for me is Richard, who took all the time in the world to make us feel like we were his only customers.

Nick

Attachments

• GEDC0027.jpg
    GEDC0027.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 223
  • GEDC0026.jpg
    GEDC0026.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 207
OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Will put up later today Phil as driver seat not refitted yet

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Great stuff :thumb:

So that is two great upholstery services in the Brum area.. :thumb: ( CaraVan I am happy to recommend )

Begs the question 'is there such a thing as a bad upholsterers ?'

OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Great stuff :thumb:

So that is two great upholstery services in the Brum area.. :thumb: ( CaraVan I am happy to recommend )

Begs the question 'is there such a thing as a bad upholsterers ?'

Yes there could be shoddy workmanship in all trades, but we were thrilled also at the quickness and service of this company at such short notice :thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Here is a photo of the new upholstery

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Attachments

• DSC04889.jpg
    DSC04889.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 190

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
It appears to me that you two got the same kind of top quality service and workmanship from this company as the Wagon and I got from you two at your place... but I bet Richard didn't take you out for breakfast or a drink at the Tanners... :thumb:

I call it Karma...

JJ :Cool:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Soo.. gotta ask

What was the oil stain on the wall ? Bike chain being oiled while going round ? Oil pipe let go ?

Nosey git aint I !!

OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Soo.. gotta ask

What was the oil stain on the wall ? Bike chain being oiled while going round ? Oil pipe let go ?

Nosey git aint I !!

Yep ya are:ROFLMAO::roflmto:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Soo.. gotta ask

Nosey git aint I !!

John,

It only makes that oil stain when the van first starts up - its OK afterwards:thumb: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Kath looks really smart, no wonder you are pleased, look forward to seeing them in March. :Smile:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
kath! im ringing these guy's today to get my van sorted:thumb:
Now should i mention that i know you and see if i can get a discount,or should i stay stum incase they charge me more:ROFLMAO:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We are at this moment in time sitting at Care-Avan 's, place in Birmingham having our truck camper totally re-upholstered, re-carpeted and new vinyl on the rest of the floor.

Should be finished later today.

Very pleased with the price, service and friendly atmosphere here. Can't fault them yet.

Nigel and Pamala

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Well! Richard has just left,fabric was discussed,as was the price,hands were shaken,so the wheel,s are in motion for the re-upolstery of my van,should be done in time for my trip west:thumb:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We are currently parked up at Premier Furnishings, "ReLuxe" at Ilkestone, having spent last night here. On our arrival yesterday rolls of fabric were bought into the van and laid out on our seats so that we could see how they would look. Once the fabrics were chosen the van was measured up and the cab seats were removed and taken for reupholstery. This morning the habitation area seating will be completely stripped out and reupholstered, hopefully we will be on our way home this evening. So far we have been impressed with Premier's staff and service. I will post pictures of the finished job.

Brisey

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
we desided to go half leather on the front seat's,and cloth on the hab seat's all in blushing pink:Eeek:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Richard has just rung me ,and im booked to be done next monday at his unit at 9am for three days:thumb:so three day's on me own in the motorhome,i will starve:ROFLMAO:Hold on! there are a couple of FB pie's in there,if i can work out how the oven work's i might live through it:ROFLMAO:
got to say so far his service has been great,from a phone call to choosing fabric to being booked in in less than 24 hours,and he came to us:thumb:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We are now back at home following the re-upholstery of our van seats. The work was carried out by Premier Furnishings (Reluxe) at Ilkestone, Derbyshire. Tony Sheard and his team did a great job, paying attention to the smallest of details. We are very happy with our reupholstered cab and habitation seating.

Brisey

Attachments

• P1040499.jpg
    P1040499.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 89
  • P1040614.jpg
    P1040614.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 94

bonneville

Free Member
Nov 14, 2010
Kirkby mallory
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
booked in

Have been reading reviews and blogs from all the community on who is the best to give my MH to re seats cushions fabric etc" revamp".
Have booked with Tappers for Jan,fingers crossed,it will come back as hoped, Cost, well they are about the same as Careavan and some others so you take your chances and hope they come up with the goods.
Will let you know how it goes.
:thumb:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Have been reading reviews and blogs from all the community on who is the best to give my MH to re seats cushions fabric etc" revamp".
Have booked with Tappers for Jan,fingers crossed,it will come back as hoped, Cost, well they are about the same as Careavan and some others so you take your chances and hope they come up with the goods.
Will let you know how it goes.
:thumb:
Im booked with tappers on monday:thumb:will put up loads of pics before and after:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back