New tyres and a Cam Belt (1 Viewer)

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
In the past 2 weeks I've had 4 new tyres and a cam belt. No money left now to go away.:cry:
As we hope to sell the bus later this year still trying to work out if I wasted my money or was it a good investment for when I sell. Never mind it's only money.

Andy

n8rbos

Free Member
Nov 24, 2009
Funster No
In the past 2 weeks I've had 4 new tyres and a cam belt. No money left now to go away.:cry:
As we hope to sell the bus later this year still trying to work out if I wasted my money or was it a good investment for when I sell. Never mind it's only money.

Andy

a good investment andy! no-body wants to have the aggro of buying a vehicle without knowing the cambelt has been changed! 4new tyres are also a bonus! what you doing after you sold up?

OP
OP
andyman
Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
We are not selling up but looking to upgrade. Getting fed up with making the bed and too old to climb into the Luton. We want rear fixed bed with relatively easy access, swivel front seats. Possibly an A class but we have no definite make / model in mind.

Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
a good investment if you hope to sell privitly (spelling?)

if you want to get the best price AND your van is A OK a preinspection by some one like

Link Removed

worth the investment,

I had very good service form them

Mar 28, 2010
Wirral
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer 504
Exp
Since 1995
Know the feeling. We've just the cam belt done and started talking about replacing the tyres. Had a major habitation service and damp check as well as the MOT. We were all ready to sell the van. Then I looked at what was on offer for the price and decided ours wasn't that bad after all.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Tyres yes, cam belt debatable.
its only a selling point if the buyer knows what you're talking about.
and i reckon theres a lot out there who wouldnt know a cam belt from Orions belt.:winky:

Wintonian

Free Member
Nov 30, 2009
Brittany, France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting fed up with making the bed and too old to climb into the Luton.

I know what you mean. Our first MH was an C Class Hymer which showed us that the height of the Luton bed was too much for my wife to be comfortable with. So she used the dinette, made up each night as a bed.

Our current (but aged) A Class Hymer is much better in that respect because the bed, when it is dropped down, is much lower and easier to climb into. So we can both use it. As it can be left made up when raised to the stowed position, it is a much better solution.

The advantage of the drop-down bed and the full-width cab is that the interior is lighter and more spacious. The problem that I see with permanent rear beds is that they take up a lot of space but are only used at night. To get the same living space inside, the van has to be considerably longer.

So many variables to make choice difficult! :Smile:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Tyres yes, cam belt debatable.
its only a selling point if the buyer knows what you're talking about.
and i reckon theres a lot out there who wouldnt know a cam belt from Orions belt.:winky:

here come the men in black:ROFLMAO:

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
I know what you mean. Our first MH was an C Class Hymer which showed us that the height of the Luton bed was too much for my wife to be comfortable with. So she used the dinette, made up each night as a bed.

Our current (but aged) A Class Hymer is much better in that respect because the bed, when it is dropped down, is much lower and easier to climb into. So we can both use it. As it can be left made up when raised to the stowed position, it is a much better solution.

The advantage of the drop-down bed and the full-width cab is that the interior is lighter and more spacious. The problem that I see with permanent rear beds is that they take up a lot of space but are only used at night. To get the same living space inside, the van has to be considerably longer.

So many variables to make choice difficult! :Smile:

Agreed, and when I got my latest van I gave it a lot of thought, an A class on a Fiat or a C class on a Merc. Got the Merc and I've no cam belt worries.

Compromises all the time innit.:Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back