LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have just read this in the local Benidorm rag. I have never believed the gassing stories, but what about this one.
Warnings have been circulated this week on social networking sites to warn residents and tourists to beware of a new scam. It is believed that Romanian nationals are knocking on doors asking if people would like to buy perfume. People then smell the perfume which knocks them out as it is a really harmful drug. After people have smelt the perfume it allows the caller to rob there home. Other reports have also stated that it is happening in public places too. The drug being used is thought to be Burundanga which can cause disorientation, memory loss, hallucinations and convulsions.

The above was taken from the Benidorm Post, but after a night out with Smudger, I am of the belief that he gave me some :RollEyes:.

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Have just read this in the local Benidorm rag. I have never believed the gassing stories, but what about this one.
Warnings have been circulated this week on social networking sites to warn residents and tourists to beware of a new scam. It is believed that Romanian nationals are knocking on doors asking if people would like to buy perfume. People then smell the perfume which knocks them out as it is a really harmful drug. After people have smelt the perfume it allows the caller to rob there home. Other reports have also stated that it is happening in public places too. The drug being used is thought to be Burundanga which can cause [HI]disorientation, memory loss, hallucinations [/HI]and convulsions.

The above was taken from the Benidorm Post, but after a night out with Smudger, I am of the belief that he gave me some :RollEyes:.

Our Politicians must have been using this substance for years:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
You definitely have to keep an eye on what that Smudger puts in your drinks :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
There have been loads of hoax perfume sniffing storys, they normally involve people selling it in car parks. Snopes and Hoax Slayer are full of them. Doesn't mean it couldn't happen though and it will be interesting to see if you hear any more Dave:thumb:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
There have been loads of hoax perfume sniffing storys, they normally involve people selling it in car parks. Snopes and Hoax Slayer are full of them. Doesn't mean it couldn't happen though and it will be interesting to see if you hear any more Dave:thumb:

Like I said Jim. I read it in the local rag. How true it is I dont know, but being a Paco Rabanne man I have little chance of buying my after shave on a street corner in Benidorm to find out. If I hear any more I will of course keep you all informed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
............ but being a Paco Rabanne man I have little chance of buying my after shave on a street corner in Benidorm to find out. If I hear any more I will of course keep you all informed.

I still have a couple dozen bottles of Brut from past Christmases. I might try selling them hab door to hab door. They have almost the same effect as Burundanga
Allan

edit, after googling Burundanga it seems highly improbable that the Benidorm rag story is true, apparently you have to take the drug in food or drink or inhale it as powder. Another unsubstantiated urban myth that has been circulating since at least 2008

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I think its true !! :Eeek:

Irene bought some perfume at Birmingham airport as we left UK..
Since we arrived I have lost 2 days already .!!!!

or it could be the cheap Benidorm Alcohol and going to bed at 3am..:Doh:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
It may be an idea to heed the warning.

:winky: