New to this site (1 Viewer)

Jul 23, 2012
Kingswinford & 86230
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance 890
Exp
Since 2012
Hi to all, have been looking at this forum for some time, finally plucked up courage to post something. (hope I've done it right)
Question for 'Big Boys'
I am thinking of buying a tag axle 9mt motorhome soon, I was wondering if other users have found they are restricted to certain sites, going to SW France in May - any recommendations

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Welcome!!

Whether or not a tag axle is right for you is something I think only you can decide! Big means lots of space but also bigger on the roads.

A lot depends on how you will use it - eg if you drive to a site with then intention of staying put for a while then bigger may be better. But if you are more into touring with brief overnights then smaller might be better. Your call really!

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
We bought a 9.2m tag axle last year, our previous experiences of camping were in tents and a touring caravan over 16 years ago.

My husband loves driving it .... It has made him a better driver he is slower and thinks ahead much more now. We haven't been abroad yet but we have been on a ferry and seemed to get preferential treatment because of our size! we are going abroad at least a couple of times this summer and we have spent the winter practising around the Uk and haven't found our size very prohibitive and got a few thousand miles clocked up already.

The sites we have been on were really nice, wardens always helpful, HGV and coach drivers great too just the odd person who tries to dive in before you:Eeek: most people either considerate or scared.

We have wild camped a bit too and taken it through loads of towns and parked up too....you might just have to walk a bit further thats all, ferries are a bit dearer and I don't fancy being on grass unless very dry, but apart from that love the space and plenty room for friends and family just as it is.

No regrets here...

:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi and welcome to the Fun! :welcomefunster:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Motorhome Fun:welcomefunster:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You should be OK plenty of people tour with much bigger motorhomes. It will shrink around you the more experience you have. Some long Euro motorhomes can suffer with tail drag and swing. But you'll soon learn to drive to minimise these issues.

Welcome to the fun:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back