Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
Hi All

I am about to take ownership of a 1997 Machzone Sovereign (Fiat 2.5 TD underneath) this weekend and am very excited!

I came across this site googling for insurance recommendations (and found the Frank Pickles thread - very useful already). You look like a friendly and helpful bunch :Smile: I'm sure I'll be after muchos advice once we're up and running.

I popped my motorhome cherry in Australia a few years back - hired a Mercedes-based van and drove the Great Ocean Road for a couple of weeks. Great fun!

This one has been a bit of a spontaneous eBay purchase! My bro races a Metro in the MG Car Club, and we have been tenting on race weekends - after the last cold easter meeting in the tent, how much better would a motorhome be?? I was thinking, and after an afternoon of research it kindof snowballed from there!

And she'll become very useful for my annual pilgrimage to the Silverstone GP, and hope to follow the tour de france one year...

I'm quite mechanically minded, and like to tinker, but have virtually zero knowledge of leisure batteries, water tanks, etc etc so hope to pick up some advice when needed.

Can't wait to pick her up on saturday!

Jamie.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Jamie and welcome :thumb: Any questions etc, just ask :thumb:
terry

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Jamie :welcome: to fun, sounds like exciting times ahead then. :Smile:

I'm sure you will have many questions when you have picked her up. :thumb: Bob and Jane.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jamie, welcome to the Fun :thumb:

mikkidee

Free Member
Aug 1, 2010
Malton,North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since June 08
Hello and welcome to the Fun, they are a helpful and friendly bunch.
Hope you have fun with your Moterhome.
Mike:Smile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Hi and welcome
Just ask away you will get 100 different answers:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

EthnGeoff

Free Member
Jan 13, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
April 2009
Hi Jamie & welcome to Funsters, I've just renewed my insurance today and went with Saga, saved about £90 over my quote from Caravan Guard who I've insured with for the last 3 years.
Geoff.

OP
OP
jamieBG
Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone ::bigsmile:

Very excited about picking the camper up tomorrow!

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Hi and welcome - this is the place for great advice

OP
OP
jamieBG
Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
Well, I picked up my new first motorhome at the weekend.

Set off from Basingstoke on the train first thing saturday morning. 6 hours journey: one bus, three trains, two tubes; with a rucksack full of cash; to collect a motorhome I'd only seen pictures of on eBay, from a guy I'd never met! Such an adventure!! Dodgy? Foolhardy? Some might say. And I was feeling a little apprehensive on the way up. but I'd spoken to the guy on the phone a fair bit, and he seemed genuine and decent enough.

My brother met me on the train on the way up and we were going to bring it back together.

When we got off the train, the van was in the car park waiting for us.

So pleased with it! It was in even better condition than the eBay pics; the guy was really friendly; gave us a quick tour. we did all the paperwork, and then he left us with it.

After hanging around for a good explore around it, and a few facebook pictures, we headed for the M1. and had a very jolly drive down to my brother's house in Leicester. Stayed overnight there; and then I brought her home there rest of the way on my own yesterday.

Such an enjoyable drive; and remarkably easy to drive. She cruised quite happily at 55-60 along the motorway. Sweet as you like. I was a bit nervous that I would actually be able to fit her on the driveway, but no worries there either - fitted easily, and manouevred really easily.

There's a couple of bits that need attention, and some stuff I'd like to do to it, but overall I think I have myself an absolute bargain, which will be enormous fun!

I'm sure I will be posting questions very shortly... ::bigsmile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
sounds like you had a good time

Sounds like you had a good time collecting your motor home.

Hope you really enjoy it.. MHF is a good place to get all the answers to the questions I am sure you will have.

Best £10 you can spend is a subscription to the site.. next get along to a show and meet some of the names in the flesh.. we often park up as a group.. about 100 at Peterborough weekend after next.

Hope to see you about sometime

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the St Bernard

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
welcome

hi there jamie and a very warm welcome to MHF:welcome:
regards brian jo and josh:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back